• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

I dont personally begrudge any former southerner snow. I think the problem is the factors that can cause it to snow in other parts of the country are so different than what we need down here. I think give it a trial thread for like a Non SE winter thread. Hopefully some of the regular posters will chime in on it and help out with maps/analysis a bit. I'd personally probably read it, but it's hard to have everyone in the same thread because we are basically rooting against each other to get the pattern we need.

It's really mystifying, right?

I think they call it something...like...Climo...?

We have found ourself in a bit of a pickle here tbh. We have a slowly expanding footprint with a core of members from different states in the region and now outside of the region. Not entirely sure how to manage that in a way that isn't disruptive or alienates certain posters. I'm more than happy to listen to suggestions
Do you want me to post my pics and obs and screenshots in banter??? Even if it’s on topic with the mont or storm?
It's mystifying right?

I think they call it something...like...Climo...?
great Idea! Ima give it a try

Can we ban the complaining about other folks from other places ? We literally have 2 active members from snowy cold places . Only 2! Y’all can’t tolerate 2 members ? 2 members ? That’s rough.
Are you counting Brent?

Can we ban the complaining about other folks from other places ? We literally have 2 active members from snowy cold places . Only 2! Y’all can’t tolerate 2 members ? 2 members ? That’s rough.
I just want everyone to remember we are all here to discuss weather. I mean the whole reason this site was started was to do that without worry about it always being confrontational like it was at other places and to give a place to show a little more excitement and disappointment when the models are good or bad. I want everyone to have fun, enjoy it, and be happy that someone on here might be getting the weather we so desire versus being mad about it. Emotions aren't going to change the outcome

I just want everyone to remember we are all here to discuss weather. I mean the whole reason this site was started was to do that without worry about it always being confrontational like it was at other places and to give a place to show a little more excitement and disappointment when the models are good or bad. I just want everyone to have fun and enjoy it and be happy that someone on here might be getting the weather we so desire versus being mad about it. Emotions aren't going to change the outcome
Post of the month honestly! Well said! I have more pics on my phone of clouds and weather related stuff! Even more than beautiful thick girls! I love snow more than anything and the chase is more fun than the event, still!

Back