• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

If it doesn't happen by mid-February for anyone in the SE outside of the mountains, then I'm pretty sure that it's not happening at all.

Unless this La Nina ending (as I've heard talk about it possibly ending before the winter is over), changes things.

We obviously aren't going to get winter weather before then, but the reason I reference mid-February is because of 2011, 2010/2011 was a pretty good winter, but it was over after mid-February.

A question for you all (I'm serious and come in peace, I don't choose violence)...

If this winter ends up being a wall-to-wall "torch", was the cool November worth it?

EDIT: Added quotations to the word "torch" for those who might quibble over what it means

Last edited:
Bah humbug!

I would be okay with skipping Christmas and just having Thanksgiving as the big holiday. It's the whole putting out the lights, decorations, the tree, and trying to figure out what to give everyone for gifts. You don't have to worry about that with Thanksgiving, and you always get a four day weekend with Thanksgiving. I'd rather just give gifts to people on their birthday. Trying to figure what to give everyone at the same time is really what I hate. I don't even care if I get anything.

Bah humbug!

I would be okay with skipping Christmas and just having Thanksgiving as the big holiday. It's the whole putting out the lights, decorations, the tree, and trying to figure out what to give everyone for gifts. You don't have to worry about that with Thanksgiving, and you always get a four day weekend with Thanksgiving. I'd rather just give gifts to people on their birthday. Trying to figure what to give everyone at the same time is really what I hate. I don't even care if I get anything.
Christmas is the best holiday.

Bah humbug!

I've always enjoyed Thanksgiving more than Christmas. It's just less stressful and more enjoyable. There's way too much emphasis on gift giving for Christmas.

Back