• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

Has to be 100% or it doesn't support, heat miser weenieism 101 right there.
It's weird I'm not even arguing warm or cold it's just tiresome to see every warm map posted with some snarky line. It's obvious the pattern is in flux around Christmas and it may very well end up warm but good grief give things some time to sort out.

It's weird I'm not even arguing warm or cold it's just tiresome to see every warm map posted with some snarky line. It's obvious the pattern is in flux around Christmas and it may very well end up warm but good grief give things some time to sort out.
Exactly, just looking at the ensembles in totality, everything still on the table at this point. Dang just look at the EPS spread you posted, pipes bursting to shorts weather type of extremes...... but that requires some actual due diligence and apparently these days it's just easier to post one liners or map of your choice to troll the heck out of a board.

Exactly, just looking at the ensembles in totality, everything still on the table at this point. Dang just look at the EPS spread you posted, pipes bursting to shorts weather type of extremes...... but that requires some actual due diligence and apparently these days it's just easier to post one liners or map of your choice to troll the heck out of a board.

Most everything I've seen the last several days has been trending favorably-very favorably for us after Christmas. Outside chance we get an ice storm on the 20th or so in heavily climo favored CAD areas of NC & VA, but I think folks in the Carolinas would be happy even with just cold rain at this point to get us out of the rapidly developing drought.

It reminds me 2017 when the models started showing the transition to cold in late December and we had the mega spreads. Not saying this goes that way at all but when you have 40-50°F spreads that isn't just 1 random member I'm not going to marry myself to an outcome until there is a little more clarity

Most everything I've seen the last several days has been trending favorably-very favorably for us after Christmas. Outside chance we get an ice storm on the 20th or so in heavily climo favored CAD areas of NC & VA, but I think folks in the Carolinas would be happy even with just cold rain at this point to get us out of the rapidly developing drought.
I really want warm ;(

No kidding a couple of significant cold rains would be more exciting than a trace winter event at this point

These are the kinds of snow forecasts I'd like to see:
WeatherStory4.png

But to be fair…the MJO and teleconnections are hinting at a more favorable environment come early to Mid January. Though there are some signals that might be short lived but who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Then you guy's will talk about the sun angle, and ground temps...

This isn’t even far out anymore. Wtf
Major December ice storms in NC since 1948

0z Crazy Uncle was sniffing the same sauce
Statements like these should be taken with a grain of salt. Huge run to run differences was just RAIN on the 0z suit. I hope the public doesn’t read this as something that’s gonna happen. I would comprise half and half with ice mtns/foothills only with rain for most on the board. Even then, need more runs to suggest ice over rain. No excitement or wtf statements from me.

Back