• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

They’ve hardened me up here! These damn Yankees and their Busch light and PBR! And everybody looks like they are from Lizard Lick
I bet the Walmart’s up there only have mobilized scooter carts and not a single push cart. Y’all fat asses can hardly walk.

I bet the Walmart’s up there only have mobilized scooter carts and not a single push cart. Y’all fat asses can hardly walk.
The scooters up here have skis on the front, to get around on all the snow!

Do y’all even have Walmart’s??
Seems like the biggest thing up there should be a busted ass piggly wiggly

I’ll be honest if I didn’t look at it on paper I wouldn’t think this winter had really been all that warm so far.

Do y’all even have Walmart’s??
Seems like the biggest thing up there should be a busted ass piggly wiggly
Piggy’s Wiggly left us not once but twice . Never did stay for long . I miss it . We sure did dig the pig .Winn Dixie was here at one point as well. I remember the old Winn Dixie building , sat empty for years , piggly wiggly tried to take it , failed after a while and it’s Carlie Cs now. I miss broker Zebulon, back when a large supermarket space like that could sit empty . We have had a super Walmart since 2007 also dude .anyways , as busted as Zebulon it sure as hell is a lot better put together than the tubs of lard that you call “ girlfriends”.

Winter Storm Prediction - Further Details and Thoughts

After looking over data, my confidence level has increased for at least the beginning part of the winter storm prediction, it's still unknown what exactly happens at a later time during the 20th/21st time period, but the prediction is pointing towards a CAD event to back side snow (or even a continution of a winter mix depending on the evolution of the predicted low.) On the first prediction post, I discussed the 2 scenarios and that I'm going with scenario 2 - and that is an actual low developing on the tail end of a boundary during the 18th/19th time period. I mentioned that the boundary may sag further towards the southeast US and that is now the case, so a winter mix can be possible from parts of Texas to the far western portion of the southeastern states. Currently, I don't think the boundary would sag even further, so overrunning of frozen precip. isn't likely further to the southeast. However, as the low begins tracking towards the Gulf coast/far northwestern GOM, overrunning of frozen precip. can extend further to the southeast over northwestern/northern Mississippi, central Tennessee and northwestern Alabama as colder air may seep a tad further to the southeast at the surface. (See the key points on the map below.)

PredictionMap1.jpg
Second Segment of the Prediction

The second segment of the prediction - there are still many unknowns, but I think there would be frozen precip. (during the CAD) to all snow for some areas. As of now, I'm just going with frozen precip. for the typical CAD prone areas, but the CAD area maybe extended depending on temp. profiles. Speaking of temp. profiles, it's still too early to determine temp. profiles and this is the reasoning why I'm just going with frozen precip. for now. The precip. could be a mix of ZR/IP for some areas, while some areas could receive all IP or ZR during the time of the CAD. I am confident that a low would develop, and that rasies more questions about WAA/temp. profiles. The timing of the actual winter storm has been narrowed down in the 20th/21st time frame. (See the key points on the map below.)

PredictionMap2.jpg

That's all for now - the winter storm prediction is still evolving and adjustments/modfications can be done with the prediction as time closes in over the coming days...

I’ll be honest if I didn’t look at it on paper I wouldn’t think this winter had really been all that warm so far.

Yeah, we're about to see a fairly warm stretch this week, but I think a lot of the southeast saw 3 straight gray days last week. The low temp was above average by a lot, but the high temp was about around average, or below it, and the dampness outside always makes it feel colder in this kind of day.

I really don't like those days if snow isn't a possibility. At least I'll now have a pair of gloves to wear outside the next time we get that kind of day, as it seems like we get a lot of days like those.

Well, the 0z GFS is showing the stalled front just like my prediction. However, after hr. 144 it looses accuracy with features in my opinion. It does show the high moving into the northeast just like I'm predicting on later frames though and it also shows some ice in the CAD areas. Based from this run, the GFS (as well as other models) are slowly getting there.
fb93cb843807d9f53e48a8edddce3ce7.gif

Back