• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

For all these heat maps it's still cold ?

I guess it's the opposite of the usual like all the snow maps and it's warm out

Indeed.

It's going to be 77 here in a few days, but today was your typical cold, wet, and raw day that seems to happen too much in the winter without a shot at snow lately.

3 years ago tonight it was ripping fatties here. I remember it flipped from rain to all snow and we accumulated quick. I was sure when I went to bed that I was going to wake up to 6+..little did I know we were going to toe the rain snow line for the next 8 hours. Woke up to a sloppy 2”. Areas just to my south got nothing.A220DE78-378F-4209-A34B-DCF302EC7702.jpeg

Last edited:
I currently have 14 weather apps on my phone. Now I know anything past 3 days is basically a lie right? I will say, however, it’s fun to look 2 weeks down the road on the weather channel app that I believe uses the GFS because it updates at 8:00 am and 2 pm etc. My Accu Weather app will even give snow amounts 1 month out but we all know that if it shows 23” of snow 3 weeks from now the reality is it could very well be 75° and sunny upon the arrival of that day. Here’s to January 25, 2000 in Raleigh, NC...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Doncane 2.0 ?

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_52.png

Everything way out can certainly change, but even though stuff may be changing up top, to me it looks the same for the SE as far as the eye can see. The Pacific ridge is still too far west and needs to scoot further east and poleward hopefully. Get the PNA at least neutral and stop the dump out west.

Good to see more red showing up on the top of the world, but hoping it gets in a better configuration for the SE the following week. Maybe this is the start. ??‍♂️

gfs-ens_z500a_nhem_65.png
Why are you crapping in our cheerios?

Back