• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

Gezzz is it to much to ask for temps to stay below 32 from November 1st to April 1st with snow and ice storms every 5-7 days in the SE?
When I was growing up and things happened the way they used to it never got above 32 until the great thaw in late June before the early September freezes

Last edited:
The tables will turn to cold at some point this winter. I like it to be cold in December, but I’ll take my chances for a better pattern during our best time climo wise (January/feb).

Better score sometime in late December-mid February if it's going to happen, as if this is a typical Nina, then the latter part of February is going to be off limits.

The tables will turn to cold at some point this winter. I like it to be cold in December, but I’ll take my chances for a better pattern during our best time climo wise (January/feb).
All we know is that it won't be super cold for 3 months straight. I rather have the cold in January as well.

?

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Honolulu HI
326 PM HST Thu Dec 2 2021

...BLIZZARD WARNING FOR THE BIG ISLAND SUMMITS...

HIZ028-031430-
/O.UPG.PHFO.WS.A.0004.211204T0400Z-211205T1600Z/
/O.NEW.PHFO.BZ.W.0001.211204T0400Z-211205T1600Z/
Big Island Summits-
326 PM HST Thu Dec 2 2021

...BLIZZARD WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM FRIDAY TO 6 AM HST
SUNDAY...

* WHAT...Blizzard conditions expected. Total snow accumulations of
up to 12 inches or more. Winds gusting over 100 mph.

* WHERE...Big Island Summits.

* WHEN...From 6 PM Friday to 6 AM HST Sunday.

* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult to impossible. Blowing
snow will significantly reduce visibility at times, with periods
of zero visibility. See the High Wind Warning that is also in
effect.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...The strong winds will likely cause
significant drifting of snow.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Travel should be restricted to emergencies only. If you must
travel, have a winter survival kit with you. If you get stranded,
stay with your vehicle.

&&

$$

Burke

No Webb I need warm the entire month to back up my prediction!
I could certainly see a cold shot or two in the midst of this warm pattern. The typhoon curving out to sea in the west pac may shorten the wavelengths just enough temporarily to allow a trough in the east for a day or two. Unfortunately, it’s not the answer to consistent cold in the long run.

Just a dream, but the CFS shows a very cold pattern setting up for the end of the month into the new year. Not sure if this is even worthy to post in this thread but here you go (1st of January, and the cold and wintery solutions continue afterwards):
View attachment 96692
Gotta take what we can get!

Just a dream, but the CFS shows a very cold pattern setting up for the end of the month into the new year. Not sure if this is even worthy to post in this thread but here you go (1st of January, and the cold and wintery solutions continue afterwards):
View attachment 96692
I believe we can do it! But it’s going to take some time to get here

Back