• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

I wonder if the 1931-32 not-winter was a La Niña.
2011-2012 2011-2012 wah wah wah. Check this winter out now this is a real warm winter ! Indianapolis recorded .2 . Yea .2 of snow DJF and had a mean of 40.3 for the period , essentially making it the same as somewhere in the upper south that winter . Amazing . Raleigh hit 79-80 every single winter month that year .

Dreamed that it was snowing last night. Woke up all excited then looked at the 6z gfs and went back to sleep

Same for rural Utility linework with all hours over 40 at double time, all call outs double time and all storm restoration work over 40 double time. Do the math.

Low expense rural country life and good earnings to raise a family
That’s just back breaking work though, more than 40 hours a week doing heavy labor ? My father does manual labor , so does my uncle . They are dead and limp by the time they make it home , most manual laborers are . I like the idea , but the physical cost especially as you get older has to be taken into account . Hell young people I know working on wells , construction etc are dead too after a days of work. Not too mention of you are sick or injured you aren’t making money , and with a job like that more time goes on more injuries and aches you accumulate .

That’s just back breaking work though, more than 40 hours a week doing heavy labor ? My father does manual labor , so does my uncle . They are dead and limp by the time they make it home , most manual laborers are . I like the idea , but the physical cost especially as you get older has to be taken into account . Hell young people I know working on wells , construction etc are dead too after a days of work. Not too mention of you are sick or injured you aren’t making money , and with a job like that more time goes on more injuries and aches you accumulate .

Absolutely. Occupational Industrial athletes.

2011-2012 2011-2012 wah wah wah. Check this winter out now this is a real warm winter ! Indianapolis recorded .2 . Yea .2 of snow DJF and had a mean of 40.3 for the period , essentially making it the same as somewhere in the upper south that winter . Amazing . Raleigh hit 79-80 every single winter month that year .

I think all three winter months was 8-10 above normal.

Most people don't necessarily enjoy their jobs, they just tolerate them. I'm a fan of the 30/6 hour work week. Lots of our time and energy is essentially being devoted towards capitalism. For example, my typical day involves an 8 hour work day + up to 2 hours of commuting in ATL traffic. Then, I go workout that's another 1-2 hours.. then all the errands/chores & other responsibilities I have to deal with. By the time I cook dinner & clean, I usually have around 2 hours to myself, IFF I want 8 hours... The problem is a lot of days I'm just super tired by this point, so I never get to really enjoy and do what I actually want to do.. So, then I'm faced with the weekend.. where I use it to catch up on sleep and decompress from the exhaustion of being an adult in a capitalistic society... but I ALSO don't want to do nothing because I know this is the only two days I have time to do what I want... before I repeat the cycle all over again... Not to mention that no one is getting paid sh*t anyways..
Or you could just stop whining about how "Crappy" your life is and do something that makes you happy and pays better. That's the beauty inherent in our wonderful capitalistic society that you rant against.

If you were a contestant on let’s make a deal, would you take the $1500 or take a chance on getting zonked and go for what’s behind the curtain?

Or you could just stop whining about how "Crappy" your life is and do something that makes you happy and pays better. That's the beauty inherent in our wonderful capitalistic society that you rant against.
I'm constantly doing things to better myself and my life. So, it's not really whining.. the effort is there. Things aren't really as fair as you're implying here. It isn't the 60s/70s anymore; where you could work a corner store & be able to afford a house, wife & kids. Since you want to attack me, I'll serve it right back to you. You are clearly out of touch with reality.

I like how @NoSnowATL out here talking about manual labor jobs when his job is a college educated job involving helping black rock buy middle class homes away from the manual laborers who would buy those homes!
I have worked my way up the ladder. When I started I would pick trash up at the job sites.

I have a feeling this place finna get real boring as soon as the warm weenies get their it’s going to be warm fix in with their posts the next couple days … unless we get some decent severe weather .. we’re going to be adding no pages to the threads until maybe mid December or so .. a shame ?

Cope

Back