• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

ACC is the coastal elite league anyways with Boston and Pitt and cuse in it . Makes me dislike it , wonder if we can poach WVU as the Big 12 collapses . Give us an exciting team . Playing Boston college doesn’t excite nobody.
Wv wouldn't be a bad choice, Cincinnati would have been a decent immediate choice. I would assume with tv shares being such a big driver in the reasoning they would look at TTU/Baylor maybe Kansas

Wv wouldn't be a bad choice, Cincinnati would have been a decent immediate choice. I would assume with tv shares being such a big driver in the reasoning they would look at TTU/Baylor maybe Kansas
When they talked about WVU back In the day the Academics supposedly weren't good enough but doubt anybody cares much anymore as long as it means more $$$.

ACC is the coastal elite league anyways with Boston and Pitt and cuse in it . Makes me dislike it , wonder if we can poach WVU as the Big 12 collapses . Give us an exciting team . Playing Boston college doesn’t excite nobody.
You think anybody is elite that has traditions

When they talked about WVU back In the day the Academics supposedly weren't good enough but doubt anybody cares much anymore as long as it means more $$$.
Ehhh , I mean wake forest , duke , unc , uva , bc I mean with all those schools the grades will be just fine . WVU can’t be that bad, it’s the state of West Virginia’s flagship school.

Ehhh , I mean wake forest , duke , unc , uva , bc I mean with all those schools the grades will be just fine . WVU can’t be that bad, it’s the state of West Virginia’s flagship school.
I think thats the problem is there is a pretty high standard in ACC schools and WVU is like 250th nationally. They like to be able to say all our schools are top 80 nationally etc. I was surprised they were that low too.

I think thats the problem is there is a pretty high standard in ACC schools and WVU is like 250th nationally. They like to be able to say all our schools are top 80 nationally etc. I was surprised they were that low too.
The ACC isn’t going to get better at sports if it’s focused on a stat like that though. Adding a team like WVU far outweighs any loss we have from no longer being able to say that. Heck I wouldn’t be surprised if we had the highest academic standing and still kept it with WVU. Also geez 250? Lol I’m surprised .

Trying to enjoy a good meal at Hu-Hot and some buttwipe is wearing a Duke sweatshirt! ??

No place ITP is suburban. You have to go OTP for that. It’s a zoo inside 285.
I know you are being facetious a bit but objectively speaking even ITP is not that urban at all. Anywhere with single family homes on wide streets with lawns and heavy tree cover is objectively suburban. Also what the hell , there’s a TON of empty lots sitting right next to downtown . How is that possible in a city like Atlanta that land like that just sits there . It highlights why Atlanta is so spread out . I noticed a similar thing in Houston and dallas with vast areas of open land in downtown despite the metro covering tons of area . In Raleigh any open lot is scooped up fast in downtown . That’s some terrible city design on Atlanta’s part though I’d wager a lot of it is NIMBYism. Got to love inner city liberals NIMBYs, want affordable housing in the city but not in their backyard .

Back