• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020 Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember those days I wanted to be a met at the weather channel, really don’t want to be one nomore now ? Covid canes, Siedel can’t take a few wind gusts, and highway thru hell over severe weather coverage is all I need to know ?

I remember those days I wanted to be a met at the weather channel, really don’t want to be one nomore now ? Covid canes, Siedel can’t take a few wind gusts, and highway thru hell over severe weather coverage is all I need to know ?
Yeah it's really bad. Stupid winter storm names, fringe media-style click bait headlines and phrases, and silly overhyping everything.

If I had the resources, I would produce a weather channel in the style of the old weather channel, with wall to wall live weather coverage and actually teach the audience about weather along the way.

Sometimes, it's fun to watch YouTube channels like The Weather Chazz, Publisher73, and ElTiempo and the multitude of videos from Classic TWC at Christmas or coverage of famous events or just regular everyday broadcasts. That's when it was good....before they tried to turn it into a profit center, bringing it down to the level of every other dumb segment of programming.

Yeah it's really bad. Stupid winter storm names, fringe media-style click bait headlines and phrases, and silly overhyping everything.

If I had the resources, I would produce a weather channel in the style of the old weather channel, with wall to wall live weather coverage and actually teach the audience about weather along the way.

Sometimes, it's fun to watch YouTube channels like The Weather Chazz, Publisher73, and ElTiempo and the multitude of videos from Classic TWC at Christmas or coverage of famous events or just regular everyday broadcasts. That's when it was good....before they tried to turn it into a profit center, bringing it down to the level of every other dumb segment of programming.
I'm still in on Southernwx TV

We got @Ollie Williams on graphics

Yeah I remember watching the weather channel all the time during those 2008-2015 days, those were the good ol days, last time I watched it More than 10 minutes Was for the Beauregard AL tor

@NoSnowATL may unfollow me but in the sec I’m a big fan of the gators... wish NC could get a team into the sec . Sadly the teams that make sense to add to the sec ( state , unc) are founding ACC members and pretty much tied ! Would say app state would be a great addition . They have a great football program and already whoop sec butt ! ( See South Carolina ) . However , probably too small of a school .

Then again remember the greatest upset in sports history , the 2007 app state vs Michigan game?

As an Fsu Alum, I'm going to have to block you now.....

Look, I get it . Your jealous . Your jealous of our giant mountains, wonderful coastline, top tier universities, snowfall, barbecue , and weather of course . Your jealous that michael Jordan , dale , Richard petty , and many more came from here . Your jealous of our college sports teams , the amazing college basketball and more . I get it , I’d be jealous too if I had to live in a state that is essentially the American equivalent of Venezuela . Georguela.

maybe one day you can be a North Carolinian too!
Don’t forget Sleepy Floyd and Kenny F’n Powers

I would still work there so I could co-anchor with Kelly Cass or Ray Stagic

My 1990's days at Circuit City in Atlanta, I allowed Mike Siedel to exchange a camcorder at day 40 of our 30 day return/exchange policy. Agreement was he give me a TWC polo shirt. 2 days later he made good and brought me the shirt. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back