• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020 Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure you avg just as much snowfall as Fort Stockton does, despite them being 3,000'. You are further north. The further north you are, the less elevation you need.

Don't get me started on this subject again it has snowed on the beach more recently than it has here lol ? and that was a couple years ago!

My fear is that people will buy into the hype and then be sorely disappointed when their yard ends up snowless. I remember in Jan-Feb 2015 all the hype and i didn't see a flake.

My fear is that people will buy into the hype and then be sorely disappointed when their yard ends up snowless. I remember in Jan-Feb 2015 all the hype and i didn't see a flake.
That Feb 15-21st ranks right up there with some of the best cold shots I can remember. High of 22 at RDU with full sun in the 2nd half of Feb, incredibly impressive. The cold front that puked mashed potatoes for about 30 minutes was epic.

If the big system that month had been 100-200 miles south that Feb would be one we talked about for ages

You need to move to the northern burbs. Here's what you missed.

Attachments

• Feb2015.jpg
    Feb2015.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 16
That Feb 15-21st ranks right up there with some of the best cold shots I can remember. High of 22 at RDU with full sun in the 2nd half of Feb, incredibly impressive. The cold front that puked mashed potatoes for about 30 minutes was epic.

If the big system that month had been 100-200 miles south that Feb would be one we talked about for ages
That was a solid one, lived back in Salisbury NC at the time and got between 5-6 inches 068BE376-0044-4162-B3D7-33F0DAE20192.png

Feb 15 is not a case for this.. there was hype and good follow through with hype, especially mid-south, northern Ala, northern Ga, parts of NC.

Am i the only one who thinks its sort of silly to post 14 day model maps in the January thread ? Shouldn't that thread be reserved for serious conversation ? Seems like a 14 day model map belongs in banter.

Am i the only one who thinks its sort of silly to post 14 day model maps in the January thread ? Shouldn't that thread be reserved for serious conversation ? Seems like a 14 day model map belongs in banter.
Nah it's fine happy new year

We wouldn't have anything to talk about if we waited since everything disappears

Hallelujah!! Who's starting the 2021 thread?
I posted this last year, but:

Mods: I have an idea, how about merging the banter thread with the whamby thread and changing the name to, "2020, a new decade of whambulance chasing and banter?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back