• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020 Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was last time I was in NYC where one of the towers was the names go on forever the pools are the actual outline of the buildings

IMG-20200308-182521950-HDR.jpg

Last edited:
This was last time I was in NYC where one of the towers was the names go on forever the pools are the actual outline of the buildings

IMG-20200308-182521950-HDR.jpg

I have quite a few photos of the reflection pools also. It was interesting when I was there. Me and some other guys from FEMA wanted to tour the memorial so we got in line (the underground part wasn’t finished quite yet). Now NYC has a law against pocket knives and certain types of knives are banned and can constitute a felony if you are caught with them. NYPD was doing metal detectors and searches at the entrance for banned materials. I wasn’t aware of the knife law in NYC and I had a Benchmade Presidio tanto blade auto opening knife on a bet clip in my right front pocket. I was also carrying my Homeland Security badge and ID in my wallet. Other guys didn’t have their badges, but had their ID’s. They also had knives on them that were on the banned list. We get to the checkpoint and I throw everything from my pocket into a basket to be sorted through. The cop sees the knife and picks it up, pulls the button, and the blade flies out. He looks at me, looks back down at the basket where my wallet is open and the badge is showing. He asks, “You on the job?” To which I reply, “Yes.” He hands me my things, tells my to put the knife in my pocket without the clip, tells the guys with me to do the same, and sends us on our way. Nice guy and he didn’t have to do that. He could have arrested us all. He didn’t. That’s my perception of the NYPD from their actions with me at the 9/11 memorial.

So I made a political post on this thread because I could not find the political thread yet my post was deleted because I made a political post in a non-political thread. How am I supposed to make a political post if I can't find the political thread ?

So I made a political post on this thread because I could not find the political thread yet my post was deleted because I made a political post in a non-political thread. How am I supposed to make a political post if I can't find the political thread ?
This is a no politics forum now.. I think. And probably for the best.

I was like, 7 years old on September 11th? Lol. Still remember the day pretty vividly. It was a weird day in school, to put it mildly.
I was 32, and watched the entire event unfold on CNN.. utterly horrifying. Lump in throat anxiety all day... The flip from first tower hit and thinking it was just an accident, to the second tower was like out of a movie. Truly scary.

I was like, 7 years old on September 11th? Lol. Still remember the day pretty vividly. It was a weird day in school, to put it mildly.
10th grade science class. The baseball coach ran into the class and turned the tv on and said a plane just hit the tower. We sat watching the tv the whole day. It was a crazy day.

I was doing some research this evening and came across this article. Here's food for thought...

I was doing some research this evening and came across this article. Here's food for thought...
Hell are you researching

So 2020 isnt the bad year after all.... k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back