• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020 Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could give it a shot, the heat over the next 10 days will be ideal for germination. If you water the crap out of it until frost to entice the roots to get as deep as possible and hit it with a starter fertilizer you might be able to make it through winter. The only concerns are not enough time for the roots to store enough energy to survive winter and/or a cold snap freezing a shallow root zone (many people realized how easy this is a couple years ago).

I'm not sure how much money you want to spend but if you want to go the seed route look at Arden 15 you can get it off Amazon or from like Hancock seed, its sod/golf course quality
Thanks

Reactions: SD
Common bermuda=weed
Hybrid bermuda=turf

They literally irradiated common to get these hybrids. They can't even produce viable seeds, has to be sprigged or sodded. Weed.

But I loathe Bermuda, and would happily wipe it's existence off the face of the Earth.

They literally irradiated common to get these hybrids. They can't even produce viable seeds, has to be sprigged or sodded. Weed.

But I loathe Bermuda, and would happily wipe it's existence off the face of the Earth.
Yea I don't like it either but not worth replacing entire yard

Trump... I hope he's able to help the LA disaster with federal funds, but Lord help us all when he starts talking anything weather... he just said, "Laura came in as a 5, bigger than Katrina, well it was a 5 before it came onshore, then a 4. It had 185 mph winds before it came inland, then 150. I don't think we've ever seen anything like it before." Trump... just get the money to the people. Help our economy. But please, don't comment on weather, and by all means, leave the sharpie in the Oval Office.

Trump... I hope he's able to help the LA disaster with federal funds, but Lord help us all when he starts talking anything weather... he just said, "Laura came in as a 5, bigger than Katrina, well it was a 5 before it came onshore, then a 4. It had 185 mph winds before it came inland, then 150. I don't think we've ever seen anything like it before." Trump... just get the money to the people. Help our economy. But please, don't comment on weather, and by all means, leave the sharpie in the Oval Office.

Wrong Thread.

You could give it a shot, the heat over the next 10 days will be ideal for germination. If you water the crap out of it until frost to entice the roots to get as deep as possible and hit it with a starter fertilizer you might be able to make it through winter. The only concerns are not enough time for the roots to store enough energy to survive winter and/or a cold snap freezing a shallow root zone (many people realized how easy this is a couple years ago).

I'm not sure how much money you want to spend but if you want to go the seed route look at Arden 15 you can get it off Amazon or from like Hancock seed, its sod/golf course quality
I’m no lawn expert, but I know Bermuda really loves heat, and I’d just be concerned that even a slight chill, that could come in October there, would hurt the Bermuda sprouts , as they just can’t get enough growth in? I know freezing temps make it go dormant, just thrown out ideas

I’m supposed to go river tubing on the Cape Fear Saturday mid morning, but I’m afraid Laura is going to ruin that. First world problems, I know.
Surprisingly, no rain aside from a little bit of a sprinkle when we started around 10:30 AM. It was raining in Durham when I left, too. There was what looked like a pretty nasty line back towards the I-85 corridor when I left, but I guess it must’ve dissipated as it worked eastward. The overcast was nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back