• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020 Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you’re now indirectly admitting you clogged up the thread with “jackassery” & personal attacks on me and support of those that followed suit? You’re a moderator and this is a pathetic, unacceptable way to treat other bloggers. Grow up
I going to step in and say a few words. What the moderators do in here is a strictly done on a volunteer basics and we don’t receive no pay at all for doing this. You should be glad that Rain Cold and the other mods has volunteered to help of this website or their “wouldn’t be one!” If anything thing you are just as guilty of a person of your “high statue” bickering over some pity stuff in here. If anyone needs to grow up it would be you “SIR” considering you supposed to be a professional weather person. Sometimes it is better to just turn the other cheek and look the other way. I have read all the previous post and all I have seen is that you are giving rain cold a tough time after he repeatedly try to smooth things over with you. If you are not comfortable in here you can always go back to the so called “Americanwx”. You are not being held hostage here. We do believe in freedom.

Last edited:
What post of mine do you consider a personal attack? Pick one and we'll discuss it. Go.

You can't be serious right?

This may be slightly dramatic.

>>> I'm a dramatic pre-madonna. (Hint: that's an attack on my character, a personal attack if you will)

"Ok, but I still don't understand how I personally assaulted your honor, which I was essentially called out for."

>>> You're basically inferring I'm an extremely prideful, pompous, know-it-all... in case you're keeping track at home that's also a personal attack because it attacks my character (& has nothing to do w/ covid-19 and is an off-topic post)

" If you're getting your feathers ruffled over a few minor comments and emojis in the Corona thread, then you really ought to examine your social engagement abilities."

>>> Again the implied character attack here especially from the bolded/italicized text is that I'm a dramatic, socially awkward pre-madonna.

If these aren't personal attacks, then I must not be a meteorologist.

Last edited:
I going to step in and say a few words. What the moderators do in here is a strictly done on a volunteer basics and we don’t receive no pay at all for doing this. You should be glad that Rain Cold and the other mods has volunteered to help of this website or their “wouldn’t be one!” If anything you are just as guilty of a person of your “high statue” bickering over some pity stuff in here. If anyone needs to grow up it would be you “SIR” considering you supposed to be a professional weather person. Sometimes it is better to just turn the other cheek and look the other way. I have read all the previous post and all I have seen is that you are giving rain cold a tough time after he repeatedly try to some things over with you. If you are not comfortable in here you can always go back to the so called “Americanwx”. You are not being held hostage here. We do believe in freedom.
Ps: sorry for bad grammar but been up working since 3:30 am.

I going to step in and say a few words. What the moderators do in here is a strictly done on a volunteer basics and we don’t receive no pay at all for doing this. You should be glad that Rain Cold and the other mods has volunteered to help of this website or their “wouldn’t be one!” If anything thing you are just as guilty a person of your “high statue” bickering over some pity stuff in here. If anyone needs to grow up it would be you “SIR” considering you supposed to be a professional weather person. Sometimes it is better to just turn the other cheek and look the other way. I have read all the previous post and all I have seen is that you are giving rain cold a tough time after he repeatedly try to some things over with you. If you are not comfortable in here you can always go back to the so called “Americanwx”. You are not being held hostage here. We do believe in freedom.

So does the fact that they're just a volunteer, had some "mean" things said their way and didn't respond in a professional manner and only made the situation worse by clogging the covid-19 thread, have do w/ justifying the way the mod handed this particular, exact situation? (It doesn't)

This also means then that you're totally okay then w/ mods escalating tenuous situations and going after select posters w/ reckless abandon?

You can't be serious right?

>>> I'm a dramatic pre-madonna. (Hint: that's an on my character, a personal attack if you will)

"Ok, but I still don't understand how I personally assaulted your honor, which I was essentially called out for."

>>> You're basically inferring I'm an extremely prideful, pompous, know-it-all... in case you're keeping track at home that's also a personal attack because it attacks my character (& has nothing to do w/ covid-19 and is an off-topic post)

" If you're getting your feathers ruffled over a few minor comments and emojis in the Corona thread, then you really ought to examine your social engagement abilities."

>>> Again the implied character attack here especially from the bolded/italicized text is that I'm a dramatic, socially awkward pre-madonna.

If these aren't personal attacks, then I must not be a meteorologist.
I trust you are a meteorologist. However, I have less trust in your ability to evaluate sociaoverreaction, on a message board. The items you quoted are not character attacks. They are observations of your reactions, overreactions, in my opinion, to rather mundane and largely innocuous banter.

So does the fact that they're just a volunteer, had some "mean" things said their way and didn't respond in a professional manner and only made the situation worse by clogging the covid-19 thread, have do w/ justifying the way the mod handed this particular, exact situation? (It doesn't)

This also means then that you're totally okay then w/ mods escalating tenuous situations and going after select posters w/ reckless abandon?
I am not saying we are perfect. But when doesn’t goes exactly your way, you want give everyone a tough time about it and show your fanny. I just feel like you try to belittle the mods when they don’t agree with you. Also, do you think you can run a forum better?? If so, maybe you should consider starting one up. It is not easy as it looks. There are a lot of behind the scenes discussion on what should be done with certain situations and how to handle it. But we are not perfect and this isn’t a perfect world. You need to realize that or you’re going to have alot of butt hurt for a while.

I trust you are a meteorologist. However, I have less trust in your ability to evaluate sociaoverreaction, on a message board. The items you quoted are not character attacks. They are observations of your reactions, overreactions, in my opinion, to rather mundane and largely innocuous banter.

Smdh. "Observations" of my character flaws, which again is a personal attack.

Keep digging that hole for yourself

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Webb, this is suppose to be a banter thread about things, events, ect. I don't think this is a personal banter threat where we hash out our differences with other posters.

I am not saying we are perfect. But when doesn’t goes exactly your way, you want give everyone a tough time about it and show your fanny. I just feel like you try to belittle the mods when they don’t agree with you. Also, do you think you can run a forum better?? If so, maybe you should consider starting one up. It is not easy as it looks. There are a lot of behind the scenes discussion on what should be done with certain situations and how to handle it. But we are not perfect and this isn’t a perfect world. You need to realize that or you’re going to have alot of butt hurt for a while.

Yes we're all human and make mistakes, only some of us like to fully admit and own up to them publicly however. Did I overreact? Maybe in your eyes I did, but I legitimately did not appreciate the dialogue there, implied encouragement of personal attacks on me, and continued banter that was hurled my way when I asked repeatedly and very nicely on multiple occasions for it to stop and attempted to change the conversation to the topic of the thread. I'm legitimately pissed off about this, despite the continued assertion from @Rain Cold that I'm just trolling.

I never said, implied, or desired to run my own forum, that has little to do w/ this particular situation and doesn't justify how the mod handled themselves towards me in the covid thread and their (continued) failure to de-escalate the situation. I'm just trying to make sure that's pretty clear here.

I'll only chime in very briefly to say that you've been on my ignore list for the past few weeks ever since you went out of your way to dislike my post about me being on CBS & Yahoo News. I'm not sure what you have going on in your personal life, but your incessant salt towards me is both very comical and sad at the same time. I almost feel sorry for you

This thread is full of banter, this dialogue is in the right thread.

What Im saying is we've had disagreements before on certain issues. Never did we call it personal attacks. A disagreement is simply a disagreement. I went into a convenient store a few months back. Waiting in line, the man behind me says "hurry up white boy". That is a personal attack. There wasn't any disagreement, difference of opinion, just a personal attack. What you and the other forum member have engaged in here is simply a disagreement. Thats it. No need for the victimhood, in my opinion. As always, I enjoy your analysis.

if they pm each other they would be bored out of their minds he just want reactions but honestly I haven’t read one of the posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back