• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@SD here’s a study about it. It’s similar to the Bering Sea rule! Basically has to do with the PNA and alternating regions of troughs and ridges !

Looking at spring 2012 Including March
1. Averaged out -PDO (typical favorable for warm East/colder west) and can influence severe in the plains (+ less and - more) A99F1B08-9AF2-4B26-A455-55A5DEC7451A.jpeg
2. 2012 featured a +AMO 8FBA2CD6-663E-401D-A6E8-C3E59009E0C6.jpeg
3. Currently in a transitioning La Niña just like 2012
This year is extremely similar with a -PDO, transitioning La Niña, and a +AMO, typical this combo is favorable for a western trough, and a SE US ridge, plains this year could be lit for chasing, I’m honestly seeing why people are going with a warmer March
Not to mention drought is literally in the same areas (not including the SE) but similar out west, wonder if this increases the strength of capping inversions wrt severe wx this year E71FC0FB-9993-4022-BD3D-193657B5347C.pngE5A8C8B2-1572-4F64-B7DC-232E0A6AD532.pngH/t to @MattLabenzwx for the maps

What does more harm to southernwx’s rep, NWS/met bashing or an admin saying “weenager”
We got no rep left. We are the lack of morals board from what I hear

The list of reasons why I hear that people don't like the site or refuse to post is pretty funny honestly. None seem legit to me except people don't like this board bc of @Lickwx

We got no rep left
I really don’t believe that. Our laid back approach makes for an atmosphere inviting for even the most novice of weather enthusiasts .

on a side note @Myfrotho704_ your station runs too warm . Just like I called out @SD station I will call yours ! It hit 73 at CLT and 72 in concord . No way 75 at your house bro ! 75 in Fayetteville and 76 in Laurinburg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back