• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know erryone is tired of rain, but since its not going to snow again, Id love for the tropical airmass over FL to migrate north so I can at least see some tropical cumulonimbus thunderstorms develop morning to mid afternoon. Right now our SE climate here is stuck in between and all we get is stratus.

To add to that, I just saw a huge ass roach in my car, that’s my absolute biggest fear, WTF, I’ve never dealt with those before in a house/apartment, but who would have thought a car ?! Can they infest cars ?! Cuz I’m just gonna throw the whole thing away if that’s the case, ----- no, imagine that thing landing on me while I’m driving
I have a Jeep Wrangler. I take the doors and top off all the time in the summer. One day while driving 55 down a hwy a big bee was trying to fly into me, I swatted and sped up to 70, and the damn thing still got back to me. It stayed right with me for over a mile. How in the heck does that happen?

I have a Jeep Wrangler. I take the doors and top off all the time in the summer. One day while driving 55 down a hwy a big bee was trying to fly into me, I swatted and sped up to 70, and the damn thing still got back to me. It stayed right with me for over a mile. How in the heck does that happen?
Pure dedication to sting

Sounds like murder hornets

To add to that, I just saw a huge ass roach in my car, that’s my absolute biggest fear, WTF, I’ve never dealt with those before in a house/apartment, but who would have thought a car ?! Can they infest cars ?! Cuz I’m just gonna throw the whole thing away if that’s the case, ----- no, imagine that thing landing on me while I’m driving
I had never seen one of those monster roaches until I moved to Florida. I saw my first one crawl onto a Pop Tart I was eating in the dark watching a movie and that scared the hell out of me, not gonna lie. I saw another a month later, then I sprayed a bunch of bug spray and never saw another live one inside my apartment, at least.

I haven’t sprayed any bug spray here at my place in NC, but I haven’t seen one (knock on wood). I see them outside some, but not inside...yet. I did get a clicking beetle inside once that was kind of freaky since they’re so loud. And a long centipede.

Forgot to mention, I also got a couple lizards in my apartment in Florida. For some reason, that freaked me out less than the roach, though. I hate hard shelled bugs.

I’ve never seen a roach in my car, though I suppose an infestation is possible. I did used to have some issues with ants occasionally in one of my older cars, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back