• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another failed attempt at getting into the teens this morning. Things just don't work like they used to.

I’m actually sad! Starting tomorrow our highs go above freezing for atleast 6 days in a row!?
I say your sadness starts in mid March when the snowpack is mostly gone and most days are cloudy mucky 40 degrees . Then by mid April when it still chilly and barely 50 with lots of mud everywhere you’ll be ready to admit it lol!

I say your sadness starts in mid March when the snowpack is mostly gone and most days are cloudy mucky 40 degrees . Then by mid April when it still chilly and barely 50 with lots of mud everywhere you’ll be ready to admit it lol!
Man they really can get some nasty severe in spring to

I ended up getting 11-12 inches in jonesboro. Three winter storms which started back on the 10th for my area. Let's hope like hell we can have a better winter for most next winter.
Yes, similar for MBY... I received about 12" of snow combined between storm #2 and #3. MEG put out a map earlier that showed parts of the Metro receiving 12" - 18" combined. South Central Arkansas were the big winners in our area.

The 1st storm (ice storm) on 2/10 - 2/11 put down about .5" FZR.

Also, the cold was impressive, Memphis tied a record with 10 days below freezing.

I think we should all meet up and do a southernwx golf tournament one day! That would be awesome

I ended up getting 11-12 inches in jonesboro. Three winter storms which started back on the 10th for my area. Let's hope like hell we can have a better winter for most next winter.

And 10 straight days not rising above 31! Similar to Feb 1899, Dec 1917, Jan 1918, Jan-Feb 1936, Jan 1940, Dec 1983, Dec 1989, Dec 2000. etc.

Yes, similar for MBY... I received about 12" of snow combined between storm #2 and #3. MEG put out a map earlier that showed parts of the Metro receiving 12" - 18" combined. South Central Arkansas were the big winners in our area.

The 1st storm (ice storm) on 2/10 - 2/11 put down about .5" FZR.

Also, the cold was impressive, Memphis tied a record with 10 days below freezing.
We probably wont see an outbreak this magnitude for a very long time. It was fun to track but its kinda sad now with nothing to get excited about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back