• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Figured I’d post this here instead of clogging another thread. Is it possible to post a video from my iPhone? Not seeing that option under attach files.

Figured I’d post this here instead of clogging another thread. Is it possible to post a video from my iPhone? Not seeing that option under attach files.
You can try the attach files option. Chances are though it's probably too big the forum software only allows 4GB. Do you have somewhere you could post it like Facebook, twitter, youtube?

@Brent its getting closer! For once it’s not 10 days away.
Edit: By the way those rates would be insane. Almost 0 degrees up my way!!!9244AD83-5DDF-40A8-B2B3-F98440DCBE7E.pngD43B2407-7C80-4E0A-87E9-E26E67E24AAD.png

Chasing 10 day storms over and over and over again is so exhausting. It’s all a conspiracy theory. I am loosing it y’all. Screw winter in the Deep South, lol. Glad I got my trip to the mountains, but it’s tough when you haven’t seen accumulating snow since December 8, 2017. ----
It's even more tough seeing the same people score over and over and over while I have to get excited over the scraps. I just about hate winter at this point.

Imagine how much stress we could remove if we forced ourselves to only pay attention to 00z and 12z runs of the Euro/GFS and their ensembles versus all the other models and runs for the medium-long range. Seems like my local guys do that.

I have a better idea. How about they only run the models out to hour 144? Models are worthless past that point. Rarely do I get this stressed looking at the UKMET.

It's even more tough seeing the same people score over and over and over while I have to get excited over the scraps. I just about hate winter at this point.

As a kid I was always a big winter fan. Use to be forced to watch TWC 5 day forcast every hour at 21 minutes after the hour. Our only way to know storm was coming was watching Texas and LA to see if they had snow breaking out that far south. As I've aged and been burned for so many winters I don't look forward to the model waffling.......it was easier before we had our own access to models.

As a kid I was always a big winter fan. Use to be forced to watch TWC 5 day forcast every hour at 21 minutes after the hour. Our only way to know storm was coming was watching Texas and LA to see if they had snow breaking out that far south. As I've aged and been burned for so many winters I don't look forward to the model waffling.......it was easier before we had our own access to models.
Weather was more fun when I was a kid. Wasn't on the internet constantly seeing what the latest models were doing. This model crap just makes things more stressful, yet its impossible not to look because it's so addicting.

Man if you missed the extended forecast at :21 after and you had to wait that extra hour it was miserable. I've really backed off on how much I look at the models in the last few days and it's been liberating

As a young kid I'd watch TWC and get angry when I saw snow in northern Arkansas but then rain here 2 days later. Didn't think it was "fair" since they were on the same latitude. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back