• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winter is nonexistent down here or short if we define winter as the stereotypical , cold , snowy , not warm period. Spring type weather essentially here for all intents and purposes average weather wise for the Deep South. By mid February the 60 degree avg high line will have moved in to Fayetteville . Atlanta by the end of the month , Raleigh start of March. Dang time flies . Yet I couldnt buy a warm day for months now isn’t that crazy .

Hopefully we can go ahead and get the drought started so we can hit 115 this summer
Drought won’t be for us don’t worry lol. It will be Charlotte , north Georgia , upstate sc. we will be enjoying storms and humidity . Fro should start gathering water to prepare for the drought . It’s going to be bad, I’ll send him some of our wonderful water from our epic storms this summer .

The variability of the models has been like no other . Never seen my 10 days vary so much. A few days ago I was supposed to be staring down possible single digits next couple of days . Like what even is this lol.

I honestly wouldn't mind a lesser version of a 2007 type drought. Past few years have been nonstop precipitation
Nah no drought for rdu! Give me July 2016 humidity and precip with July 2011/2012 heat. Now august 2007... that was a month right there . Ooof . Wonder if July is capable of hotter , our hottest month on record is an august month . I personally don’t like temps outside the mid upper 90s. I can enjoy a few hundreds in a hot summer though . Ideal is just low 90s though.

Nah no drought for rdu! Give me July 2016 humidity and precip with July 2011/2012 heat. Now august 2007... that was a month right there . Ooof . Wonder if July is capable of hotter , our hottest month on record is an august month .
I'll pass on that. I'm honestly surprised RDU has never recorded a low above 80. The past few Julys have been consistent mid-90s and constantly falling short of 100.

I'll pass on that. I'm honestly surprised RDU has never recorded a low above 80. The past few Julys have been consistent mid-90s and constantly falling short of 100.
Inland and lack of uhi at RDU relative to other inland cities . That’s why our highest low on record is 80 which has happened I think 4 or 5 years total ever? RDU is amazing at radiational cooling , I mean we were the coldest outside the mountains in 1985, our mean minimums and record lows are lower than Greensboro’s outside of the winter months . Heck Greensboro growing season is 10 days longer than ours . Of course , I’m sure that’s just reflective of the particular airport station versus overall climate . Which is something an NWS met told me when I met with them at the main NWS RDU station! Was awesome seeing them update forecasts lol.

Overall most inland cities with high maximum record summer lows have that due to UHI only .

I like the ominous ice banter....Lights Out.....Thats baaaaad news......nobody wants to see this.......No power for a week!........No thanks, they can keep it......meanwhile they are quietly wishing for it to be true.
I do that with hurricanes and tornados though I quietly wish one of them would come through and rip me of this wretched planet ! I want to die by EF5 tornado, would be the ride of my life .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back