• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best thing about living in Columbia, SC is that I never have to get my expectations up. This is the place where cliff divers land. Yeah I threw out Feb '73 yesterday but do I reasonably expect it to happen? Of course not. Even in the best patterns we are never guaranteed a storm. Enjoy the fantasy storms for what they are. Use them to study what it takes to achieve snow here and move on if it changes. At least you'll know what to look for when the next storm comes. That being said, I'll still be watching for the SE as a whole, and just maybe I could be one of the lucky ones. ?

IMO, you just described most of the south and definitely the deep south.

Only good news is there is only 24 more days left of Feb and really winter for most of outside of N/W NC and the mountains. If this day 8-9 deal doesn't work out I will be hoping for some warm weather.

Went from a major snowstorm to a cold liquid rain in 24 hours. I swear, we have worse luck than what San Francisco 49ers or Dallas Cowboys had this season.

I'm just not buying the ice maps. Climo says Major Ice just doesnt happen from Mid February onward, especially in the deep south. In fact, I can't think of one instance in the last 40 years where the I-20 corridor got major ice in Mid-Late Feb or March.
Climo doesn't matter lol.

I'm just not buying the ice maps. Climo says Major Ice just doesnt happen from Mid February onward, especially in the deep south. In fact, I can't think of one instance in the last 40 years where the I-20 corridor got major ice in Mid-Late Feb or March.
February 12, 2014 would beg to differ, and if you include NC, February 17, 2015 and March 7, 2014. The chance of frozen precipitation doesn't vanish in February like you seem to insist for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back