• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone is focused way out in time . I’m looking at this and wondering where the hype is for the Sunday Monday system . Slow this down a little and pull the trough back to the SW and it could be a bid daddy of a system especially for the the Tennessee valley northward
f6abb7f0f280ff0f4cd88ce08a82e839.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1612313281982.png

thank you for posting these webb! i always like to see past SC storms i wasn't around for that one but I've seen a few good ones since the early 80s

Np. Eventually, someday in the distant future, SC's snow map archive will be as large as NC's currently is on my webpage.

Sometimes, I need to analyze old winter storms from the past to remind myself that it still can snow in South Carolina.

View attachment 70426

View attachment 70425

I recall my mom once telling me about the December 11-12 storm as she was about 12 years old at the time. It looks like the upstate was practically blanked.

I'll say it again.... We seemed to get a winter storm here practically every year in the 80's. I recall 3 snowstorms and a minor ice storm during the winter of '86-'87. A two inch storm (in early or mid-January) and a dusting in late January. I believe the ice storm was in early January as well. Then the early April snowstorm. It didn't stick, but it snowed lightly-to-moderately for about an hour and half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back