• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the Euro is trending towards the Icon Model with a cold dump in the west and a SE ridge after showing a great pattern just a day ago. Looks like once again the models have fooled us.
See I told you. Not that the Icon is a great model. It just happens to be the first to run in each suite with new data ingested. So you can tell what trend is likely coming by looking at the Icon.

BirdMan, ain’t got ---- on Reynolds Wolf E0B7E123-AB72-4D0C-B459-05F928A8AD23.jpeg

Of course things can change tomorrow or even tonight and we go back to a very cold/stormy look, but you have to admit that models don't look nearly as good far as cold/winter as they did yesterday. The Icon Model was the first model to show a cold dump in West, while flexing the SE ridge and now the Euro is doing something similar. Even though the Icon Model has its flaws, if the Western Cold dump/SE Ridge does happen, you would have to admit that the Icon was the first to show such a pattern.

Of course things can change tomorrow or even tonight and we go back to a very cold/stormy look, but you have to admit that models don't look nearly as good far as cold/winter as they did yesterday. The Icon Model was the first model to show a cold dump in West, while flexing the SE ridge and now the Euro is doing something similar. Even though the Icon Model has its flaws, if the Western Cold dump/SE Ridge does happen, you would have to admit that the Icon was the first to show such a pattern.
Haven’t multiple people on here said as long as the -NAO is there the SE ridge will be muted?

We're used to getting the rug snatched out for snowstorms. But getting an Arctic blast inside day 7 was almost a guarantee. Even Brad P bit on it. Unless we see some big changes going the other way very soon it's kudos to the AccuWeather met yesterday for not biting for us. Like our saying with snow, "I'll believe it when it actually happens" will have to start applying to Arctic outbreaks down here too. Smdh

In terms of high temperatures and heatwaves, we haven't really had any big mid-summer heatwaves since 2012, maybe June 2015? I'm talking multiple 100 degree days not just lots of 90s with high humidity which is what most summers have been past few years, hot but no extreme heat other than high dews.

We're used to getting the rug snatched out for snowstorms. But getting an Arctic blast inside day 7 was almost a guarantee. Even Brad P bit on it. Unless we see some big changes going the other way very soon it's kudos to the AccuWeather met yesterday for not biting for us. Like our saying with snow, "I'll believe it when it actually happens" will have to start applying to Arctic outbreaks down here too. Smdh
It was hilarious seeing the Accuweather met getting torn to shreds by everyone on here yesterday. 0 regard was given to anything he had to say, it not like you know he is a trained meteorologist and most of us are not. cough fro cough .... fro out here tearing that met up yesterday. Look who laughing now @Myfrotho704_ .

It was hilarious seeing the Accuweather met getting torn to shreds by everyone on here yesterday. 0 regard was given to anything he had to say, it not like you know he is a trained meteorologist and most of us are not. cough fro cough .... fro out here tearing that met up yesterday. Look who laughing now @Myfrotho704_ .
He works at accu lol and based his forecast off the euro weeklies I’m pretty sure (which was the point).... still a clown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back