• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully severe season gets going quickly because it is obvious winter is not going to be much. LaNina taking over now. Most of us have already seen all the winter precip that will be seen this winter. Christmas will end up being our coldest shot of the season.
And right on cue is our "get out the sleds" signal. Let's ride, boys!

I love how when 1 suite of runs show mega cold, everybody is all in and believes it. As soon as someone says "I'm not holding my breath" they get chastised by the weenies. Then the next suite will warm and not show the extreme cold / snow and someone will say "Ugh Oh..." and the weenies come in a chastise them saying "IT"S JUST ONE RUN!" "TAKE IT TO WHAMBY!"

Like all you weenies know you tumbled in head over heals after just 1 run right? Hypocrite much?

You and Logan looking at the same GFS?
Good question. I moved it over here to the whamby thread. I think we are looking at the same surface maps. Obviously, we have different perspectives and experiences. I absolutely try to be a realist. I get excited like most of us, but try not to hype anything out of proportions. I've seen 90% of our legitimate good chances fail over the past 20 years of following the models.

I'm not sure what Mr. Logan is thinking or his motivations. Living and dying by every model run and focusing only on what a surface map says about your back yard is no fun for most people.

We will see, my guess come 2/12 we will have cold rain with tiny flurries on the backside. I would LOVE to be wrong.
I would be surprised if something didn't produce soon. As others have mentioned we don't want extreme cold here we want it close by so it can be tapped. We always walk a fine line so guess we will see what happens soon enough.

It is astounding to me that the models are this far apart just 7 days away.

Capture.JPG
Capture2.JPG

Literal 30 degree differences in some areas.

Literally everyone just got the rug pulled out from beneath them with this Arctic airmass that was showing up. The NWS climate center even bit on it, local meteorologist bit on it. Hell, even Brad P bit. Talk about a drastic shift from yesterday. I guess we have to hope that the Euro saves us from cliff diving. Or someone have to try and get excited about a 222 HR GFS storm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back