• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need I? It's not any 1 situation in particular. I think you yourself can attest to this due to all the moderator actions you have had to take throughout this forum's history because of situations I described just unfolding... come on man lol! Don't take what I had to say as a personal offense, I wouldn't be surprised if people went at once models start honing in on something but there is no agreement. It honestly is a big deterrent for me personally and why I mostly steer clear of seasonal threads other than reading .

Need I? It's not any 1 situation in particular. I think you yourself can attest to this due to all the moderator actions you have had to take throughout this forum's history because of situations I described just unfolding... come on man lol!
Indeed, I just wanted to use that meme. I do though find it funny how any contrarian thought to feet of snow gets you shunned and down voted. I also find it funny how models aren't good if they don't show desired results. I finally find it funny that you have a model suite with 45-60 degree spreads at 2m between max and min members and thats being ignored.

I'm not advocating that the pattern isn't going to happen or anything like that just that there's some instability there in the overall setup that A. Will lead to runs like the Icon B. Has to give some concern that runs like the icon verify. That's all

Last edited:
Indeed, I just wanted to use that meme. I do though find it funny how any contrarian thought to feet of snow gets you shunned and down voted. I also find it funny how models aren't good if they don't show desired results. I finally find it funny that you have a model suite with 45-60 degree spreads at 2m between max and min members and thats being ignored.

I'm not advocating that the pattern isn't going to happen or anything like that just that there's some instability there in the overall setup that A. Will lead to runs like the Icon B. Has to give some concern that runs like the icon verify. That's all
Certainly not , I think with high certainty I can say this weekends cold shot is happening . I think with pretty high certainty I say we drop below 20, and maybe even 15. Not sold on any single digits yet , though models haven’t really shown anything colder than 11 for RDU so far . As for this being a wall to wall cold month .... ughh not sold on that at all. Not even sold we are cold past next week .

Sorry guys I've just been super impressed with the icon thus far this winter. I won't be very active during the days starting tomorrow so y'all won't have to hear my icon talk ?

I have to commend the level headed folks on here lol. Taking it day by day understanding all the possibilities and accepting whatever happens no matter if it’s the desired outcome or not . I do my best to be like them . Life is easier when you take it step by step .

It's funny cause the GFS still has Wintry weather in the SE... but everyone follows what others say and start diving. Obviously the "if someone asked you jump off a bridge, would you?" question isnt worth saying anymore.
Gfs is trash for area just like all other models its pretty pathetic when you can't get modeled storms in a ripe pattern

So texas and oklahoma get another winter storm and I get a other 33 degree rain?? I will never believe this until the icon shows it!Screenshot_20210201-234149.png

I used to be a model chaser. Shane made a good post in the main thread.. if this is going to end up being a trend, it will probably only go worse for it.. but taking a singular model at face value is not a good idea. I'm more interested in the ensembles at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back