• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find amusement out of seeing people complain they may only get 1 snow event this season. Like it's so bad or something. I can't even remember the year we last saw anything substantial here.
Expectations increase with climo. When I lived in Florida I didn’t really care if we didn’t see snow in a winter, it was so rare. But now that I live in a place that averages 6-7”/year, a piddly 1” street-wetter snow event just doesn’t do it for me. In Tallahassee, I would’ve been thrilled. When we saw a dusting in January 2018 it was really cool!!!

Likewise, someone in Boston would be livid about a winter with 18” of snow. And they should be, that’s pathetic there!

I remember the days where CAD favored areas around Charlotte, and not in NE NC
Yeah I mentioned it earlier but things are a bit backwards . Normally it’s the further west you are the colder. Places further east are warmer than places further west at the same latitude , not the other way around .

I wish I was in nyc to enjoy the snow . I’m tired of the snow , it’s a pain to shovel it , wish it could be 70 all year . Oh wow ! Hope I get 4 inches of snow tonight . Springs almost here, you get tired of snow quick . Man hope we score some snow . I miss the warmth .

A second in the mind of dewwy Dan . Tongue in cheek here Dan ! I love ya!

How does Banner Elk-Sugar Mnt-Linville do in contrast to Blowing Rock-Boone when the NW lake effect snow kicks in or the wraparound like whats going to take place once this low departs?

Ummm...I think we are about to get the pattern we have all been waiting for this winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Too bad its happening in February and not January ! Stupid sun angle. Better late than never though I guess. The deep south has about 14 days before winter is over in 90% of winters.

I can’t wait till we switch western trough/SER once the -NAO breaks down in April/May and gives me a chance to catch some amazing photogenic tornadoes in the plains with a side of hail bombardment, RFD scares and LP supercells, @MattLabenzwx you better get a damn camera dude so when we chase you can use that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back