• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Year after year after year. Probably will continue for decades. At least once per decade we get a strong -NAO to at least put us in the game a couple times during the winter.

These western troughs year after year are just ridiculous.
While this is all true and the level of suckery is comical, I was initially laughing that the shape of the trough reminded me of something.

TWC posted a February outlook today and are calling for very warm conditions in the eastern half. Could we be headed toward a repeat of 2012 ?

Same for a lot of winters, TBH. January 2000, for example.

Looking at the past events on RAH's website, I could only find four winters which had what I would consider two or more significant winter events for Wake County. Three of those winters were between 2000 and 2009, and only one since 2010, for events in Jan and Feb 2014. And my bar for significant winter events was only for snow 2 inches or more and .25 or more of ice.

Looking at the past events on RAH's website, I could only find four winters which had what I would consider two or more significant winter events for Wake County. Three of those winters were between 2000 and 2009, and only one since 2010, which were in Jan and Feb 2014.
Yeah, there’s a reason we average only 6-7”/snow per year, TBH.

• Thank You
Reactions: SD
Yeah, there’s a reason we average only 6-7”/snow per year, TBH.

Not sure how we average that much because it looks like if we don't get at least 6 inches in one storm then we don't have a chance to meet that average. Some winters since 2000 did have quite a few events that had trace amounts or less than 2 inches, but there weren't many of those winters, either. It was pretty much one good storm, or a couple of small events of less than 2 inches, or nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back