• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be good, pretty much what I saw leaving at 5am and It was over precipitating, 32 on car themometer with slight drip noise in gutter. Anyway I got us at 1.5 for the season. Last event was little over an inch so 1.5 is about spot on/max Ive observed. Need 6-7 more so we can say it was an average winter. Has been for the temps with 2/3rds met winter almost in the books .

1.5" for the season? You measuring frosts too?

No torches and a trace of snow. I guess its a win. Still miss those of my childhood where it was bitterly cold and snow on ground for days. Maybe they'll come back. Hey, its not over yet!!

Guess he got fortunate during the event a couple weeks ago? Sounds like his portion of Randolph greatly outperformed the Triad?
Yes 1 inch a couple weeks ago. .3 last night (packfan98). sitting between 1.0-1.5 . The event a couple weeks ago was probably a little over inch on the car, deck rails. when I say little over Im talking 1.1000999 stuff. Should word we are less than 1.5 on the season to be accurate.

Even the rare big snow down here with temps in the 20s the next day will see some decent melting if the suns out. I always wondered how much melting occurred on a sun filled day up north.
I’ve seen almost 2 inches melt in one day of sun even with high temps near freezing.

The RDU and NE North Carolina folks have no right to complain for the rest of the year lol. They scored today and last year too and CLT has got nothing.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk
I got maybe 1” last night and only 2” last year. This area averages 6-7”/year and I haven’t seen a good snowfall since February 2015 (since I moved to FL from 2016-2019), so I’ll keep on complaining. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back