• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't wanna hear these people complain about how they're due and how it never snows there. Most of these same people got a storm last February. Us folks around clt haven't seen a storm greater than 0.3 in 3 years
Yeah only thing these folks are due is warm weather . That’s a fact!

This is a very rare , even unprecedented winter . For those who complain about torches it’s coming. We are overdue what is normal warm winter weather by a lot. We got snow and all .... nows the time . Freaking Sunday will be cold and rainy while warm in Columbia. Hope Sunday trends much much further north . Sorry DC.

This is a very rare , even unprecedented winter . For those who complain about torches it’s coming. We are overdue what is normal warm winter weather by a lot. We got snow and all .... nows the time . Freaking Sunday will be cold and rainy while warm in Columbia. Hope Sunday trends much much further north . Sorry DC.
KELLY.jpeg

Ahhh come on! I was rooting for us last night but a cold slushy rain ? I can’t root for that! I’m just saying the pendulum will swing and we will get a very warm month relative to average . Was hoping it would be February but nope . So March it is. I just want to enjoy a bit of sun, heck it wouldn’t be bad if we had some seasonably mild days . Low 60s would be seasonably mild but I don’t even have that to look forward to

Ahhh come on! I was rooting for us last night but a cold slushy rain ? I can’t root for that! I’m just saying the pendulum will swing and we will get a very warm month relative to average . Was hoping it would be February but nope . So March it is.
There's still hope for February. The first half of February may be cold, but don't give up hope for the second half.

Ahhh come on! I was rooting for us last night but a cold slushy rain ? I can’t root for that! I’m just saying the pendulum will swing and we will get a very warm month relative to average . Was hoping it would be February but nope . So March it is. I just want to enjoy a bit of sun, heck it wouldn’t be bad if we had some seasonably mild days . Low 60s would be seasonably mild but I don’t even have that to look forward to
There is plenty more than enough sun and warmth to go around from 5/1-12/1. It's not even like it's been that cold looks like RDU will be basically average for Dec and Jan. It's crazy how the last few warm winters have skewed perception of winter

Love feeling the warmth of the sun. Even though it's only like 20 degrees, the sun definitely helps. I can definitely tell the sun is getting more intense as we round out January.

There is plenty more than enough sun and warmth to go around from 5/1-12/1. It's not even like it's been that cold looks like RDU will be basically average for Dec and Jan. It's crazy how the last few warm winters have skewed perception of winter
How so? I don’t think it’s skewed anything for me , we literally had the second lowest max temp in January . Either way, if it’s normal to get some sun and warmth in winter , more so than cold and snow that just shows how winters here aren’t really cold or snowy . If anything I feel like some people have unrealistic expectations , we are after all at 35 degrees north and our sun angle never drops below 30. January last 10 years in RDU was running below average of the 81-10 mean until last January believe it or not .

I’ll give you that it hasn’t been that cold but the stretch of weather next few days is equivalent to a nice 60 degree stretch of weather anomaly wise . We haven’t had that 60 degree stretch which is what annoys me.

On the other hand, I think RDU’s lowest temp so far is 23. Pathetic. Last winter we didn’t make it under 20, either. We should be bottoming out at least in the low teens at least each year. At this rate, the USDA should put us in a more temperate climate hardiness zone!!!

How so? I don’t think it’s skewed anything for me , we literally had the second lowest max temp in January . Either way, if it’s normal to get some sun and warmth in winter , more so than cold and snow that just shows how winters here aren’t really cold or snowy . If anything I feel like some people have unrealistic expectations , we are after all at 35 degrees north and our sun angle never drops below 30. January last 10 years in RDU was running below average of the 81-10 mean until last January believe it or not .

I’ll give you that it hasn’t been that cold but the stretch of weather next few days is equivalent to a nice 60 degree stretch of weather anomaly wise . We haven’t had that 60 degree stretch which is what annoys me.

RDU is 1.3F above normal for the month through yesterday. It has not been cold, far from it. It’s been temperate/mild with temperatures averaging slightly above normal. We’re all mad about it, it makes no one happy. This winter is trash, save us Fab Feb!!!

On the other hand, I think RDU’s lowest temp so far is 23. Pathetic. Last winter we didn’t make it under 20, either. We should be bottoming out at least in the low teens at least each year. At this rate, the USDA should put us in a more temperate climate hardiness zone!!!
Lol, I think he hit 20 in December and have a chance at teens 2 nights in a row maybe. We will see.

Please let ? start all winter storm threads from now on!

Lol, I think he hit 20 in December and have a chance at teens 2 nights in a row maybe. We will see.
Yeah, you’re right, we hit 20 on December 26th. 23 is the lowest this month. Still pathetic we can’t get teens. Next couple nights might be close, probably would’ve happened for sure if we got more snow so it would be leftover tonight. We know our man @metwannabe is going to be dipping well into the teens the next couple nights, at least!

Yeah, you’re right, we hit 20 on December 26th. 23 is the lowest this month. Still pathetic we can’t get teens. Next couple nights might be close, probably would’ve happened for sure if we got more snow so it would be leftover tonight. We know our man @metwannabe is going to be dipping well into the teens the next couple nights, at least!
Probably 0

Fair enough, Im mostly irked by the lack of any nice days, not the anomaly. Id rather have had a below avg month with some cold days if it meant some warm ones as well.
I think this is the kicker this year. Every day is the same upper 40's low 50's. No really cold days and no warm days. Just fluctuating a degree or two either side of average.

RDU is 1.3F above normal for the month through yesterday. It has not been cold, far from it. It’s been temperate/mild with temperatures averaging slightly above normal. We’re all mad about it, it makes no one happy. This winter is trash, save us Fab Feb!!!
I bet highs in Raleigh have averaged below normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back