• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t wait for Feckless February! Can’t be any worse than Joyless January!!!
Joyless is a great way to describe this month. Neither those wanting cold/snow or warmth got what they wanted. Unless you want consistent 40s or 50s every day with no variety, which most people probably don't.

Can’t believe after all the high hopes I had for this winter has truly sucked even up here in Billings Montana (regardless of some saying Montana can get snow all the way till May) the overall grade in my books is a D minus besides a lot of virga storms with flurries and cold and dry temps and one total half inch storm on the northwest side of city I have to say in my first year up here I’m not impressed even though it’s only January and things can change but to me it feels like I’m still in the south
You really are over worrying here my friend. You avg more snow each winter month then most places in the south get in one and some places two winter seasons. Billings averages snow in every month of the year according to this information I’m posting. You will eventually get snow coming out your ears and be sick of it. Unless you are only there for one winter you’ve got nothing to worry about. If you are not staying permanently then I can understand your frustration coming from the southeast and having a bunk winter. But if your there for the long haul then buckle up and prepare for the eventual blizzards you are bound to get.
08C2D9C4-DDD7-4B95-B1CC-08409416C6DB.jpeg

Seeing people complain in MT, MI and MD on here makes me realize we aren't the only ones who's sucked so far. Apparently everyone has except for TX (excluding Dallas sorry @Brent ), OK and LA.
Difference being those places can make up for it in March April and some even in may.

1953-54 was an I-85 special w/ a bullseye over Winston-Salem (WBAS airport).

6 to 9" of snow ?

Can't wait to analyze 1954-55, one of the only real big dog winters of the 50s. December 1954 alone puts 1953-54 completely to shame in the mountains & the Jan 18-19 1955 storm produced more snow in the state than the entire winter of 1953-54 shown here lol

Winter of 1953-54 NC Snowmap.jpg

You really are over worrying here my friend. You avg more snow each winter month then most places in the south get in one and some places two winter seasons. Billings averages snow in every month of the year according to this information I’m posting. You will eventually get snow coming out your ears and be sick of it. Unless you are only there for one winter you’ve got nothing to worry about. If you are not staying permanently then I can understand your frustration coming from the southeast and having a bunk winter. But if your there for the long haul then buckle up and prepare for the eventual blizzards you are bound to get.
View attachment 66605
@olhausen its my first time staying up here I moved here back in September and going to be up here permanently but it’s hard because I been living in the south all my life and going through all the ups and downs during the winter season but I was just hoping now that I moved up here I can finally see the snow I been wanting to see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back