• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys don't take my last post about waking up to 4 pages of bs so seriously. It was sarcasm and was placed in the appropriate thread. Some posters don't get that.
I was thinking the exact same thing. Next time there are 4 or more new pages overnight, there had better be at least one operational model showing a big snowstorm! ???

A potent N/S wave drops in after the front moves through, reinforcing the cold air. This is the culprit that is responsible for snow flurries/showers shown on some model runs. It would be ideal if there was some southern stream energy nearby, but it doesn't look like that will be the case. I don't see anything at H5 that would allow that northern wave to spin up a surface low. But it's worth watching for sure.
I'd take just some snow flurries on Christmas day, in all my like I've only seen snow fall once on Christmas day and that was just some flurries.... don't ask the year I don't remember lol

I'd take just some snow flurries on Christmas day, in all my like I've only seen snow fall once on Christmas day and that was just some flurries.... don't ask the year I don't remember lol
No kidding I'm pinning my hopes on the trailing upper trough and energy are strong enough that we can squeeze out some flurries and snow showers Christmas afternoon. I don't think it's impossible to get some anafrontal stuff but when you start relying on overlapping CAA and moisture we usually lose.

No kidding I'm pinning my hopes on the trailing upper trough and energy are strong enough that we can squeeze out some flurries and snow showers Christmas afternoon. I don't think it's impossible to get some anafrontal stuff but when you start relying on overlapping CAA and moisture we usually lose.
Eye candy 9B42DB5F-CD06-41B7-803B-3A3813E4FAEA.png

Yeah the high is too far away for my liking for the anafrontal stuff. I'm with y'all on the flurries, but I haven't yet given up completely on something bigger.

I think east of the mountains we’d be counting on that clipper. Anafront is a recipe for disaster here, but I do hope TN Valley can cash in with it

Christmas 2010 was still the Miracle of all miracles. Was visiting my mother in the Mountains. I had just moved to NC from Florida the year before, so my love for snow was still budding. I went to bed with flurries starting, but woke up Christmas morning with 5" on the ground and it snowed all day. Ended up with 14"-15" there. I was in my 20's but I felt like I was 8. I played in the snow with my siblings all day. Built a snow fort, had snowball fights, and went sledding for the first time. 10 years later and i'm still chasing that high.

I’m having a very hard time not getting sucked in. However, just keep this as a reminder that Anafronts most always never work. I’m hoping we continue the trend away from the classic look, however, just keep in mind that things can trend back to a poor look real quick.

I’m having a very hard time not getting sucked in. However, just keep this as a reminder that Anafronts most always never work. I’m hoping we continue the trend away from the classic look, however, just keep in mind that things can trend back to a poor look real quick.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst. It's nice to just be able to chase one, and still have the cold temps even if it doesn't snow. Better than looking at 60's and shorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back