• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

2020-2021 Winter: Early Thoughts

Tony ( @dsaur ) ought to move to your location. I enjoy sleet a lot (along with other wintry precip) but he totally thrives on it! He's the sleet lover of sleet lovers in case you didn't know.
Oh, I'll take snow if I can't get sleet, lol. But I will Not take zrain in leu of either. I've been thinking for more than a week now, seeing ull city coming,... that N Ga, like Gainesville, could see some nice snow tomorrow, and maybe I'll get some pellets along with the snow grains if moisture holds in here :) No cold air here yet this year, and I'm used to seeing near freezing in the last third of Oct, so this cold shot will be appreciated. Something's up as the acorns are pounding the roof, and have been for many weeks, and I've had to clean the gutter's three times, and the Japanese Maple still hasn't dropped it's leaves, not the other maple. I've quadrupled my compost piles, and the spiders are doing a real trolling line effort again snagging leaves on the ground from 50 feet up, or more. I predict it will get cold, at least once, and I'll have a shot at sleet too :)

Oh, I'll take snow if I can't get sleet, lol. But I will Not take zrain in leu of either. I've been thinking for more than a week now, seeing ull city coming,... that N Ga, like Gainesville, could see some nice snow tomorrow, and maybe I'll get some pellets along with the snow grains if moisture holds in here :) No cold air here yet this year, and I'm used to seeing near freezing in the last third of Oct, so this cold shot will be appreciated. Something's up as the acorns are pounding the roof, and have been for many weeks, and I've had to clean the gutter's three times, and the Japanese Maple still hasn't dropped it's leaves, not the other maple. I've quadrupled my compost piles, and the spiders are doing a real trolling line effort again snagging leaves on the ground from 50 feet up, or more. I predict it will get cold, at least once, and I'll have a shot at sleet too :)
Tony's back! .... time to get this party started.

Tony's back! .... time to get this party started.
Hey, Cad....it's the best time of the year...when dreams can still come true..the future ain't writ, so it's the seasonal fresh start, lol. Somewhere in ne Ga. some kid is going to go bat ship crazy when it covers his yard...and a really good memory gets going...and it'll always be there for her when he's 73 like me. It's magic time again.

Last edited:
Hey, Cad....it's the best time of the year...when dreams can still come true..the future ain't writ, so it's the seasonal fresh start, lol. Somewhere in ne Ga. some kid is going to go bat ship crazy when it covers his yard...and a really good memory gets going...and it'll always be there for her when he's 73 like me. It's magic time again.
Welcome back

I can pretty much assure you that it will not go against Nina climo....... I will go out on a limb here and say that the forecast is for above normal temps and below normal snowfall. Who will take the under and over on that bet??
CW to me warmer means better chances at sleet and snow in the dips...it's the bitter cold winters I remember as shafting me, especially in the 60's. Lots of deep cold, and some good storms, but, really...all that potential. Bitter cold mean dry, dry, dry. My deepest snows have been after it was in the 70's. Gets that dynamic moisture juice going, and whango, lol. I'm pretty sure it was seasonal to warmish before the blizzard. On my wish list again this year, is another whiteout, and a good 5 inch sleet. Not asking for much, since I'm a poor shutin with few super pleasures while dodging the hell disease. Another blizzard seems a simple request. Got my first moisture swinging in now in a few minutes, and if it's cold enough up top, I might get to hear some pinging, and ticking in the leaves.

Back