• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

i've had over 60 inches of rain year to date, yet i'm in severe drought. my small pond is dry, which hasn't happened in several years. But i'm closing in on 7 inches of rain for October which is pretty wet. I guess it goes to show what a couple of dry months (August and September) in the hottest part of the year will do.

i've had over 60 inches of rain year to date, yet i'm in severe drought. my small pond is dry, which hasn't happened in several years. But i'm closing in on 7 inches of rain for October which is pretty wet. I guess it goes to show what a couple of dry months (August and September) in the hottest part of the year will do.
I've been reading about just slugging water is not necessarily good for hydration, and that its best to sip throughout the day, otherwise, like too much rain at one time, too much runoff. Both with rain and hydration, this is something I've never thought much about in the past.

Our friend and board contributor Big Frosty from the Foothills of NC is having back spinal surgery this morning to have spacers and a rod put in to help lessen back pain associated with nerve compression.

Please cover him in prayer this morning for a successful surgery with no complications.

Our friend and board contributor Big Frosty from the Foothills of NC is having back spinal surgery this morning to have spacers and a rod put in to help lessen back pain associated with nerve compression.

Please cover him in prayer this morning for a successful surgery with no complications.
Thanks for letting us know!

Let me ask some of you smart people a question:

I have porch lights on either side of my door and garage lights on either side of my garage. The porch and garage lights are essentially the same fixtures, although the garage ones are a bit larger. Both sets have the little dimmer/motion sensors on the bottoms. But the lights are hooked up so that is bypassed. In other words, you turn the switch on, the lights come on with full brightness. You turn the switch off, the lights go off. That's it.

So, I have incandescent bulbs in all four fixtures. They all four burn with the same brightness, just as they're supposed to. I go and buy 4 orange LED bulbs for Halloween and install them. The garage lights burn with full brightness. The porch lights burn very dimly. I switched the bulbs, just to make sure it wasn't bad bulbs. No change. Put incandescent bulbs back in, and they're fully bright. Put LEDs in, and they porch lights are dim.

What is going on????

I have porch lights on either side of my door and garage lights on either side of my garage. The porch and garage lights are essentially the same fixtures, although the garage ones are a bit larger. Both sets have the little dimmer/motion sensors on the bottoms. But the lights are hooked up so that is bypassed. In other words, you turn the switch on, the lights come on with full brightness. You turn the switch off, the lights go off. That's it.

So, I have incandescent bulbs in all four fixtures. They all four burn with the same brightness, just as they're supposed to. I go and buy 4 orange LED bulbs for Halloween and install them. The garage lights burn with full brightness. The porch lights burn very dimly. I switched the bulbs, just to make sure it wasn't bad bulbs. No change. Put incandescent bulbs back in, and they're fully bright. Put LEDs in, and they porch lights are dim.

What is going on????
It's Halloween man that's what's going on... Lol

What is going on????

Sounds like a voltage issue, front door light has less voltage running then garage lights. More voltage equals brighter light. LEDs are very sensitive when it comes to voltage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a voltage issue, front door light has less voltage running then garage lights. More voltage equals brighter light. LEDs are very sensitive when it comes to voltage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought so too. Checked the wires going to the fixture. 120v.

Who wins in a fight, Brick or Tarheel1?
Brick killed a guy
0f422c238dab5763b008d153340dcc31.jpg

Any Mac users here that have upgraded to Catalina? If so, impressions? Problems? Personally never take the jump for at least 2 upgrades.

Not a lot of trick-or-treaters in my neighborhood tonight. I think everyone decided to go to Main St where all the big historic houses are before the weather got bad.

Anyone else still watching rasslin? They actually gave the belt to Bray Wyatt/The Fiend today in Saudia Arabia. He is the only person I look forward to seeing these days in WWE. I bet they are going to have Bray on Smackdown and The Fiend on Raw now.

AEW has been solid every week since it started on TNT.

It's good to be back! I'm on here regularly during the fall/winter months and during the spring. Every now and then I'll come on here during the summer months. It is a lot more exciting to be here during the fall/winter months. No doubt we will see some very interesting model runs this winter season. Oh yeah, we never forget about happy hour around here :D I'm looking forward to this winter season and let's reel in the big snow storms this season!

App State tried to come back after playing horrible most of the game against GA Southern, but too little too late. Probably ruined their shot at a major bowl.

Back