• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

You must be talking about the whole Trump said about the Dorian track. If so I agree 100000%. Ive never seen such stupidity from both sides ever. Im really expecting Trump to call the media a dummy and them write back "I know you are but what am I?".
I still don't understand why that tweet went viral. Oh, wait I know, because of everybody's a victim and so help them If Trump made a tiny insignificant mistake in tweeting Alabama to keep watch for Dorian. I get Trump is not a Meteorologist and made an innocent mistake. But come on let it go Social media!

I still don't understand why that tweet went viral. Oh, wait I know, because of everybody's a victim and so help them If Trump made a tiny insignificant mistake in tweeting Alabama to keep watch for Dorian. I get Trump is not a Meteorologist and made an innocent mistake. But come on let it go Social media!
Trump should honestly delete his twitter account. That would help his public image tremendously.

I just figured out why Trump wouldn't let go of the AL threat from Dorian. It is the UKMET's fault. Keep in mind that he is not a fan of the FV3. Remember those long delays for the FV3 implementation due to the govt. shutdown? As I said then, Trump wanted the govt shutdown for one and only one reason: to delay the FV3 as long as possible since he hated that model. He wanted the GFS Legacy to remain operational like so many of us here wanted due to the FV3 strong cold bias and other problems. Well, he delayed it as long as possible. Once the FV3 finally became operational, he decided he could no longer support the American model. As a result, he needed to find another model to be his model of choice. That model turned out to be the UKMET.

What does this have to do with Alabamagate? Remember the UKMET's stubbornness in continuing to take Dorian out into the Gulf and headed toward AL even when other models were well to the right over FL and east? End of story.

Last edited:
I just figured out why Trump wouldn't let go of the AL threat from Dorian. It is the UKMET's fault. Keep in mind that he is not a fan of the FV3. Remember those long delays for the FV3 implementation due to the govt. shutdown? As I said then, Trump wanted the govt shutdown for one and only one reason: to delay the FV3 as long as possible since he hated that model. He wanted the GFS Legacy to remain operational like so many of us here wanted due to the FV3 strong cold bias and other problems. Well, he delayed it as long as possible. Once the FV3 finally became operational, he decided he could no longer support the American model. As a result, he needed to find another model to be his model of choice. That model turned out to be the UKMET.

What does this have to do with Alabamagate? Remember the UKMET's stubbornness in continuing to take Dorian out into the Gulf and headed toward AL even when other models were well to the right over FL and east? End of story.
If your gonna hug a model, may as well be the best there is!?

It's the Brits way of getting back at us for 1776. ???

I feel like it will take another Hugo for politicians to require all utility lines be under ground. I mean if another one came, wouldn’t we be worse off with our lives being more internet dependent now?

It’s kinda crazy to think about but as bad as the hurricanes we have seen in the past have been we have yet to really experience something truly close to a worse case scenario. Like a cat 5 Miami landfall, or a cat 3 nyc landfall. That just gives me goose bumps .

Back