• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Beautiful to the eyes
giphy.gif

I noticed today at Harris Teeter a display was out for pumpkin spice flavored items. Halloween candy displays will be out shortly.
There's already a truck and circus tent, replacing the fireworks one, selling costumes in a Lowe's parking lot ... :(

~~~~~~~~

Does that mean hurricane season has passed ... o_O

I used to hate on Glenn for no reason, lol, he definitely doesn’t like talking about winter weather but rightfully so because when does that ever really pan out in atl anyways

Three years from now would be Glenn’s 40th anniversary there, he started back in 1982. I only know and remember that because my sister was born the same year. That’s a good time to hang up the towel. I agree Brad deserves the CM promotion, still feel kinda bad that David got brushed over given his seniority and clearly how much he wanted that position, but at least it worked out for him in the end. The timing couldn’t have been better, Ken Cook retired the same month David Chandley quit. ?
David Chandley is better in winter than Glenn but severe weather is definitely Glenn's passion and he does well there. Johnny Beckman and Guy Sharpe were Atlanta legends and were great here as well!

David Chandley is better in winter than Glenn but severe weather is definitely Glenn's passion and he does well there. Johnny Beckman and Guy Sharpe were Atlanta legends and were great here as well!
Glenn and Spann are a lot alike in that severe weather are their strengths.

And don’t forget about Ken Cook, who I didn’t like much at first because he was conservative but who grew on me and eventually ended up being my favorite longtime ATL met. His conservatism proved to be the right way to call.

And don’t forget about Ken Cook, who I didn’t like much at first because he was conservative but who grew on me and eventually ended up being my favorite longtime ATL met. His conservatism proved to be the right way to call.
Ken was very conservative in winter but it paid off for him. Any time he got excited I knew it had to be legit. I saw him about 5 years ago in Sandy Springs at Publix on a lunch break. He looked like he just got back from the beach since he had quite the tan lol.

Ken was very conservative in winter but it paid off for him. Any time he got excited I knew it had to be legit. I saw him about 5 years ago in Sandy Springs at Publix on a lunch break. He looked like he just got back from the beach since he had quite the tan lol.

Do you remember Steve Browne from the 1980s? He was the weekend and backup met. on 11 Alive and he was very good at using the then new MACS computer graphics program, which at the time was ahead of its time. He was very low key but smooth and very knowledgeable, a great communicator. I liked him far more than anyone else in ATL at the time. I recall him being the one first taught me about "the wedge". He was awesome but often forgotten because he wasn't a chief met during his fairly short tenure there. He was young at the time.

His last place was in San Antonio, where he had been for 26 years: http://media.ksat.com/photo/2014/01/08/weatherauthority-brown-640x360_35006_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg

Do you remember Steve Browne from the 1980s? He was the weekend and backup met. on 11 Alive and he was very good at using the then new MACS computer graphics program, which at the time was ahead of its time. He was very low key but smooth and very knowledgeable, a great communicator. I liked him far more than anyone else in ATL at the time. I recall him being the one first taught me about "the wedge". He was awesome but often forgotten because he wasn't a chief met during his fairly short tenure there. He was young at the time.

His last place was in San Antonio, where he had been for 26 years: http://media.ksat.com/photo/2014/01/08/weatherauthority-brown-640x360_35006_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg
His face looks familiar but I don't remember seeing him on 11 Alive. He must of done well predicting ice storms if he knew about the wedge.

I noticed the weather team at WRAL uses numbers with regards to the severe storm risks instead of the category descriptions the SPC uses. For example, the SPC has today as a slight risk for NC, while WRAL says it is a level 2 out of 5 risk. I think that is a lot better than using words that virtually mean the same thing, like marginal/slight. And they actually have the levels for moderate and enhanced wrong. Moderate means average, and enhanced means heightened, but the SPC has moderate as a higher level than enhanced. It's really too confusing.

Nicole Papay, best weather person in the SE market!

Back