• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Haha you know weather is boring when religion thread and political thread is leading the way. We need a severe threat or tropical storm ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No thanks: Quiet please.

Edit: Thank the big guy he almost surely doesn’t grant wishes like this for obvious reasons. Your boredom is not a good enough reason to possibly put folks in danger.

Last edited:
I would like to give everyone in the last couple of pages a round of applause ?, seriously, y’all did a great job of discussing a hot button issue without anyone getting antagonistic.
Now, if we could only be this civil during the 18z model runs this winter ?

I would like to give everyone in the last couple of pages a round of applause ?, seriously, y’all did a great job of discussing a hot button issue without anyone getting antagonistic.
Now, if we could only be this civil during the 18z model runs this winter ?

Yeah, this place is good, most of the time when things get heated it’s more random things (1300M)

Haha you know weather is boring when religion thread and political thread is leading the way. We need a severe threat or tropical storm ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol, I was thinking the same thing

Seems like when something happens than we get a copy cat before things slack down. I dont think Walmart would spend the money on force protection, but could on some high level stores. I'm a manager for my Walmart and it's a nice and peaceful store to work at, so I hope this continues

I work at Walmart too, its a really quiet one as well(the biggest events in the almost 5 years I've worked there have all been weather related lol), the police station is also next door and cops frequently hang out in the parking lot and we've been doing training for an active shooter for what seems like ever every few months(seems like each time it updated it added another headline from a shooting somewhere), but this week's events has really made me wonder

also our "training" is a computer thing that tells us to avoid deny defend basically, not really sure that helps in a real world scenario

I know some Walmarts are more dangerous than others(even around this area) so maybe like you said that's a starting point. What's interesting about that is though that the past few years El Paso has been ranked the safest city in America despite being next to the border...

but more broadly I don't really know what the answer is, but something has to change

Last edited:
Meanwhile, I'm so ready for some weather action. Fall is around the corner and I'm so ready
Yeah, so excited for upper 80s highs and mid 60s lows through mid October and 3 months of little rain! September and October, are some of our driest months climatology wise

Can anyone suggest a weather app that uses actual NWS forecasts and has alerts, too? I have used Weatherbug and the Weather Channel app, but don't think their forecasts are from the NWS.

Can anyone suggest a weather app that uses actual NWS forecasts and has alerts, too? I have used Weatherbug and the Weather Channel app, but don't think their forecasts are from the NWS.
They are fine apps for alerts but poor for forecast because most of The Times they automatically update according to the most recent model run and I think mostly off of the GFS if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yeah, so excited for upper 80s highs and mid 60s lows through mid October and 3 months of little rain! September and October, are some of our driest months climatology wise
Yes, we will see some of those temps no doubt in October, but still cooler than what we have now. As long as late fall into winter delivers, I'm good what we get in October

I still hate the wording for the marginal and slight risk categories. If you look up the definition for marginal, one of the words it uses is slight.

Looks like a good day to be out by the pool! ?

I know with the Weather Underground App, you can choose NWS forecast data, or their in-house.

I know with the Weather Underground App, you can choose NWS forecast data, or their in-house.

Thanks. I'll check that one out. I want one that can give you alerts based on your specific location and saved locations, too.

Sounds like Glenn will still be doing the evening broadcast, but will be stepping away after his contract ends in three years. Brad Nitz will then take over as Chief Met for WSB. Glenn is a legend in the ATL market, even though he catches a lot of flack on here (deserved sometimes). Brad is fantastic though, and has been in the position to take over for a long time now. There is a reason David Chandley left WSB to be the Chief Met at Fox 5, he wasn't going to be CM at WSB.

Three years from now would be Glenn’s 40th anniversary there, he started back in 1982. I only know and remember that because my sister was born the same year. That’s a good time to hang up the towel. I agree Brad deserves the CM promotion, still feel kinda bad that David got brushed over given his seniority and clearly how much he wanted that position, but at least it worked out for him in the end. The timing couldn’t have been better, Ken Cook retired the same month David Chandley quit. ?

Back