• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Have had PlayStation Vue for several years, love it. You do need fast internet.

I did a free trial of PS Vue before, it's surprisingly good. I almost subscribed to it, but my biggest complaint with PS Vue is the same one I have with most streaming cable services I don't feel like the quantity of channels justify the pricing imo. I think I'll just stick to my Hulu, Prime Video and Netflix for now.

What is the best non-gaming console streaming device and best streaming service combo for live events/sports (assuming internet connection speed is not an issue) -- ie something that renders quality like cable or satellite?

If it was me I’d get a fire cube or a “box” instead of a stick because of the dual core and faster processing speed. Less of a chance for a hardware blip and would run at lower temperatures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did a free trial of PS Vue before, it's surprisingly good. I almost subscribed to it, but my biggest complaint with PS Vue is the same one I have with most streaming cable services I don't feel like the quantity of channels justify the pricing imo. I think I'll just stick to my Hulu, Prime Video and Netflix for now.
Nice you can have 5 devices?

Last edited:
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows is a really great movie. They're making a third one.

You'd probably have to give the nod to John Williams as the greatest movie score composer of all time, but Hans Zimmer has to come in a close second.

Was gonna cancel HBO after GOT but Euphoria is worth paying for. May cancel after that.

Out of respect, I'll keep this here and not put in other thread. I couldn't help but to read a disturbing post from another thread about "No evidence of God??" If your belief isn't in God who is my and your creator than that's your opinion. I'm not digging deep in this conversation, but I'll say a prayer for you that God will open your eyes and open your heart and realize that he is real and he has a reason and purpose for everything. Just because we dont see God doesn't mean he doesn't exist. Air and wind is very real, we dont see it but we feel it. All I can say Is read the Bible and he will open your eyes to the truth.

Out of respect, I'll keep this here and not put in other thread. I couldn't help but to read a disturbing post from another thread about "No evidence of God??" If your belief isn't in God who is my and your creator than that's your opinion. I'm not digging deep in this conversation, but I'll say a prayer for you that God will open your eyes and open your heart and realize that he is real and he has a reason and purpose for everything. Just because we dont see God doesn't mean he doesn't exist. Air and wind is very real, we dont see it but we feel it. All I can say Is read the Bible and he will open your eyes to the truth.
I didnt sign up for a religion forum to read. I came here for Weather discussions. I simply stated what i think is the case. I shouldn't have to deal with condescending remarks like "read a disturbing post from another thread.." We can measure wind and air, you cant measure God and until we do let me know. Its based on faith. That i do not consider a logical path to truth but that's my opinion.....

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows is a really great movie. They're making a third one.

You'd probably have to give the nod to John Williams as the greatest movie score composer of all time, but Hans Zimmer has to come in a close second.
The Sherlock Holmes movie with Will Farrell, May be the worst movie I have ever seen in my entire life!
On another note, Shaw and Hobbs was pretty entertaining!

I didnt sign up for a religion forum to read. I came here for Weather discussions. I simply stated what i think is the case. I shouldn't have to deal with condescending remarks like "read a disturbing post from another thread.." We can measure wind and air, you cant measure God and until we do let me know. Its based on faith. That i do not consider a logical path to truth but that's my opinion.....
The faith argument is always used as an argument against the existence of God. That's fine, but it must also be stipulated that we exercise plenty of faith on our daily walk through life. That's why I think that is a poor argument against the existence of God. Be that as it may, this topic, much like Climate Change, really gets people angry in a hurry. So let's (and I'm not calling you or anyone else out in particular), be careful to discuss things like this with respect and a measure of humility that undergirds the fact that we know for certain only a fraction of the things that are possible to know for certain.

The Sherlock Holmes movie with Will Farrell, May be the worst movie I have ever seen in my entire life!
On another note, Shaw and Hobbs was pretty entertaining!
I was wondering if that was going to be good. I might go see it.

We've got a few members that live around that area but I don't think I've seen them on here lately other than @EV_WS and @Poimen they may be able to suggest something. I'm sure I'm missing some...
The only place I’ve eaten close to downtown Greensboro is a burger joint called Burger Warfare. It’s ok...nothing special but the burgers are good. We go there primarily because my wife is gluten free and they have options for her.

I've got a streaming TV question. I currently have U-Verse. I used to have Spectrum. The picture quality of both is good, particularly with sports. I am trying to get rid of cable in favor of streaming.

I have a regular Amazon Firestick and a trial subscription to Sling. I notice that when watching something fast-paced like sports, the Sling version is choppy. Is that due to Sling or the Firestick, or is all streaming TV going to appear that way? Does anyone know and have any recommendations?

I have three firesticks and signed up for Direct TV now before the launch to get their special pricing. The first year I had issues like you're describing (2017), but its since gotten much better. One thing I do recommend if you're firestick is a few walls away from the router is buying the ethernet adapter for it and wiring it directly. I have ATT fiber, but the wireless signal drops off exponentially after every wall, much more so then my personal router that I used with spectrum.

Well, this this is the banter and friendly thread. We should be able to discuss most anything as long as we are civil to one another. However, the topic of religion and faith has a tendency to divide folks, and we don't want that. Having said that, we have a Political thread, a global warming thread, a banter thread, and various weather threads. Maybe we need an "All things religious" thread. At least that will give members a chance to let everyone know where they stand and what they believe in ...... (as long as it is in a civil manner). What do you guys think?

Well, this this is the banter and friendly thread. We should be able to discuss most anything as long as we are civil to one another. However, the topic of religion and faith has a tendency to divide folks, and we don't want that. Having said that, we have a Political thread, a global warming thread, a banter thread, and various weather threads. Maybe we need an "All things religious" thread. At least that will give members a chance to let everyone know where they stand and what they believe in ...... (as long as it is in a civil manner). What do you guys think?
In college I had a final exam ... the Prof gave a few paragraphs and requested comment ... after reading and thinking for about 60 seconds, I wrote my essay ... consisted of one word ... "Absolutely". Turned it in. Got the only "A" in the class. It was ... take a guess ... a religion in modern American literature class.
So in response to Cad Wedge's suggestion, may I say ... Absolutely ...

Back