• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Anyone know how much Amazon Kernersville will pay its factory workers next year? I heard 15 to 18 which seems fairly low at least for the Piedmont Triad cities

Anyone know how much Amazon Kernersville will pay its factory workers next year? I heard 15 to 18 which seems fairly low at least for the Piedmont Triad cities
15-18 sounds about right, they are generally on the high end of the scale when it comes to warehouse employees. Now with the furniture industry in play in that region that might skew the salary scale a bit.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I've got a streaming TV question. I currently have U-Verse. I used to have Spectrum. The picture quality of both is good, particularly with sports. I am trying to get rid of cable in favor of streaming.

I have a regular Amazon Firestick and a trial subscription to Sling. I notice that when watching something fast-paced like sports, the Sling version is choppy. Is that due to Sling or the Firestick, or is all streaming TV going to appear that way? Does anyone know and have any recommendations?

Reactions: Jon
How people can forget their kids in a hot car is beyond any attempt of my reasoning.

just happened again here... I don't get it

I was at the beach last week and every billboard on the interstate driving back was mentioning watch for kids and pets in hot cars smh

I've got a streaming TV question. I currently have U-Verse. I used to have Spectrum. The picture quality of both is good, particularly with sports. I am trying to get rid of cable in favor of streaming.

I have a regular Amazon Firestick and a trial subscription to Sling. I notice that when watching something fast-paced like sports, the Sling version is choppy. Is that due to Sling or the Firestick, or is all streaming TV going to appear that way? Does anyone know and have any recommendations?
I had some issues like that when I was streaming last year. It really seemed like it was a provider issue more than anything. Try youtube tv or another streaming service

I can be a number of issues but frame rate is the most likely
1) Sling not supporting 60fps on the sports channel you were watching. Check this list https://thestreamable.com/live-tv-streaming/sling-tv/60-fps-channels

If you see the channel on that 60fps list, and it was still choppy, it’s not sling.

2) how old is your fire stick? Look up the model number or gen, and see if it supports 60fps. You may need a new one. Not sure when they started supporting 60fps, maybe it requires a software update?

3) less likely: internet speed, make sure you have at least 50mbps.

4) less likely: low WiFi signal, even if this isn’t the reason, I’d prefer to connect my device via Ethernet directly to the router. You’ll have faster speeds and less buffering this way, even if you have 300mbps WiFi I’d still personally prefer a hardline connection...but with today’s tech, a WiFi connection should be enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had some issues like that when I was streaming last year. It really seemed like it was a provider issue more than anything. Try youtube tv or another streaming service

I can be a number of issues but frame rate is the most likely
1) Sling not supporting 60fps on the sports channel you were watching. Check this list https://thestreamable.com/live-tv-streaming/sling-tv/60-fps-channels

If you see the channel on that 60fps list, and it was still choppy, it’s not sling.

2) how old is your fire stick? Look up the model number or gen, and see if it supports 60fps. You may need a new one. Not sure when they started supporting 60fps, maybe it requires a software update?

3) less likely: internet speed, make sure you have at least 50mbps.

4) less likely: low WiFi signal, even if this isn’t the reason, I’d prefer to connect my device via Ethernet directly to the router. You’ll have faster speeds and less buffering this way, even if you have 300mbps WiFi I’d still personally prefer a hardline connection...but with today’s tech, a WiFi connection should be enough.

Thanks guys. This is very helpful. The Firestick I have is probably a year and a half old or so. I just bought a new one on Prime day, which came with a $45 credit for Sling (which I was going to try anyway). I have it connected via WiFi, which seems to work well. I don't notice any issues with Netflix or YouTube and don't have any latency issues or anything like that. The WiFi is at the other end of the house, but I have a WiFi extender/repeater, and it seems to boost the signal quite well.

I will try using the other Firestick and see if that makes a difference. I will check out that article, Jon. I thought I read somewhere that Sling supported 60 fps for ESPN, which was what I was watching. Anyway, good stuff. I appreciate it.

Don’t go with sling, they suck, really bad! Would just cut out a lot and lose signal a lot

Thanks guys. This is very helpful. The Firestick I have is probably a year and a half old or so. I just bought a new one on Prime day, which came with a $45 credit for Sling (which I was going to try anyway). I have it connected via WiFi, which seems to work well. I don't notice any issues with Netflix or YouTube and don't have any latency issues or anything like that. The WiFi is at the other end of the house, but I have a WiFi extender/repeater, and it seems to boost the signal quite well.it.
Sling is likely your issue. But if anyone wants a new fire stick they are $14.99 at Lowe’s home improvement stores this week. And on their website but will likely sell out soon.

I am looking into cutting the cord, too, and go the streaming route. I would probably get YouTube TV and Netflix if I did. I like the live stuff for YouTube TV, and they have an unlimited DVR feature, too. I am just worried my Spectrum internet isn't going to give me the same picture quality streaming over wifi that I have now with their cable service, especially if the kids are using the internet at the same time.

What is the best non-gaming console streaming device and best streaming service combo for live events/sports (assuming internet connection speed is not an issue) -- ie something that renders quality like cable or satellite?

What is the best non-gaming console streaming device and best streaming service combo for live events/sports (assuming internet connection speed is not an issue) -- ie something that renders quality like cable or satellite?

I think YouTube TV is the best deal. I have a Roku, and it works well.

Man I want to figure out how to ditch satellite and go all streaming.... I'm too nervous to make that leap Lol. It's ridiculously what I pay for TV when all I watch is about 5 channels, I'm only concerned I'll miss out on live sports
Have had PlayStation Vue for several years, love it. You do need fast internet.

2nd leg cramp in my life, and it wasn’t pretty !!! Played 8v8 soccer today and ran/jogged 4 miles
B8C20BFA-48B0-4821-AC71-D122671624B9.jpeg

I haven’t had cable for about 5 years. On thing I suggest is that you buy an antenna for your local channels. Which I use for news and sports. Good ones are 80 bucks, you’ll never have to pay for cable again. Then for my regular shows I use Hulu

Walmart have some leg cramp pills you can take that work surprisingly well and fast.

Back