• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

So this is what I take away from this...

Now own on the GEFS snow means we aren’t allowed to post past 7 days. ???

I gotta be honest, the GEFS has been one massive tease for me with those maps for a few years now. Showing something, then backing off. Can't say it's not useful though if you put it in context though, like if you're seeing how a pattern change is modeled or possible future storms.

Let's hope the 12z reels everyone back in hook, line, and sinker lol.

32d1ccf6878cc4b6e4d60a36b40f7930.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I’m sick of looking at models. I’d much rather look at snow falling outside of my living room window. My frozen precip is always 384 hours away. We get otherworldly cold to drop in straight from the pits of the arctic and we’re still tracking cutters. 12z better give me some snow. None of this 300hr onset ice bs

I’m sick of looking at models. I’d much rather look at snow falling outside of my living room window. My frozen precip is always 384 hours away. We get otherworldly cold to drop in straight from the pits of the arctic and we’re still tracking cutters. 12z better give me some snow. None of this 300hr onset ice bs

With the trough over the central us, we'll mostly likely be tracking cutters until the end of January; unless we get a well timed vort to pass under us when the trough is oriented just right and deep enough. Once the greenland/poleward blocking up top sets in and the pv is pushed se, that's when I look for something to really pop. That seems around the 27th or so.

My fear right now is that we get blocking up top and the split flow dries up.

1547394763982.png

It should be mandatory if you want to post you should have to put the city you live in or nearest big city. Drives me crazy when people post something specific to there locale and you have no clue where they are.

I swear if I am still living up here next year I am buying a snowblower. 7" of heavy wet snow is not easy to shovel !

It’s funny to me that one crazy FFS run or GFSv3 run showing historic cold, is ok to look at and get excited about, but then the next 3 runs suck and it’s all about the ensembles, lol

Back