• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

I just moved to Erwin, Tn in Unicoi county. In the northern Tennessee Valley. Drop out of high country into a valley and that’s Erwin haha

In general income is lower in most areas in the mountains. Erwin is mostly industrial. CSX has a big yard here for coal which got shut down a few years ago and 300 people lost their jobs.

It is coming back as coal is rebounding but we arnt holding our breath.

The other big employer is a plant that makes nuclear fuel for submarines. They can’t find enough people to work there due to the requirements of physics classes.

And Johnson city with ETSU is a 15-20 min drive away. Best of both worlds. Live in the mountains and drive 15 min to a city of 70,000+

But i love the area. I’d recommend it 100%. The stress level in general is just so much lower than Raleigh. Simple stuff. Even just no traffic really brings the stress down.
That's awesome. I'm going to seriously look into it one day.

I am! I love warmth but I’m ready for that cooldown to begin

Excited for winter in the mountains!

Unfortunately we have a lot of summer still ahead of us

Since I no longer live in SE Wake I’m sure there will be a blizzard there this winter haha
Too bad you'll miss out on all CAD events too, that's one of the main loves of the climate of this area.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Too bad you'll miss out on all CAD events too, that's one of the main loves of the climate of this area.

Yeah, but he will get the super cold, flurries all day, cloudy days behind winter cold fronts! And will be in the 20s/30s, while I’m 55-60 degrees, hoping and praying the cold makes it over the mountains before precip arrives! ?

Yeah, but he will get the super cold, flurries all day, cloudy days behind winter cold fronts! And will be in the 20s/30s, while I’m 55-60 degrees, hoping and praying the cold makes it over the mountains before precip arrives! ?

I guarantee these mountains will see the least snow ever in a winter now that I’m here ??

Can someone post the gif from Facebook of the guy dancing on the street looking into the night club window because they won’t let him in

Has anyone used Spectrum Mobile? $15 a month compared to my $80 a month phone bill.

I've learned how to replicate the taste of orange vanilla coke on the cookout fountain soda machines.

1 part Dr. Pepper
1 part Orange Fanta
2 Parts Coke

Back