• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

my head already hurts we will have to come back to this discussion at a later date just take time to think about it

The last 3-4 winters have definitely been a little on the low side. The culprit is likely this NAO that has stubbornly been positive during winter since 2014.

I guess we just hold our breath for a -nao in winter if we can ever flip that coin to that side again haha

You have to think that the lack of winter events has unfortunately made some weather followers lose their interest over the last few years. It does get very old spending hours following storms only to see an inch of rain haha I can see that any day of the year.
View attachment 20383

I hope the winter pattern stays the same it has been for the past ten years. Been an awesome ten years for snow in AL.

Any gamers here? I have a Switch and mostly play sports games. I created a team on NBA 2K19 of all former UNC players. I traded players and put them on the All-Time Hornets squad. Then I created an arena and court that looks like the Dean Dome, and uniforms that look like the Tar Heels. I put the team in a custom league so I can play the current NBA teams.

Let's try to not bash people at American, please. I know that there is some tension between certain folks there and here, but let's try not to call people out. A little bit of venting is fine...to an extent. But we've probably reached that extent by now.
Yeah I understand, with my post I wasn't trying to bash anyone. In fact I haven't really thought about the few certain people who have angered me in a while.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Shoutout to Walmart for expanding their college program to 6 other online universities including FSU for $1 a day. Now covers other majors beyond supply chain. And you can quit Walmart with no penalty to pay back.

Here comes the competitors. Shoutout to Target for expanding daycare service to $20 a day and paid leave.

I can't believe the St Louis Blues pulled it off, just absolutely incredible.

There's nothing more priceless than watching an absolute punk like Brad Marchand cry his eyes out after taking a gut-wrenching loss in game 7 of the Stanley Cup final.

Dead last entire NHL on January 3rd. Rookie goalie Jordan Binnington was outstanding! First cup in 49 year franchise history !!
I'm So Happy !! :):cool::):cool:

Press Your Luck is on. Best game show theme ever.

I always cheered for the whammies. My favorite whammy when it was on in the 80s was the Michael Jackson one.

FlimsyFatherlyBluefish-size_restricted.gif

Speaking of rip currents from the whamby thread, more than 50 people have been rescued at NC beaches this year after getting caught in rip currents. On Memorial Day weekend, at least 20 people had to be rescued from dangerous rip currents at Wrightsville and Carolina Beach, according to lifeguard reports and the National Weather Service. At least eight drowning deaths have been reported along the central North Carolina coast in the past month, with rip currents blamed for at least six of the deaths. I read an article that beach erosion caused by hurricane Florence might be the reason the rip currents are so bad this year.

What I don't get is why people continue to go out in the ocean after all this and when there are red flags out warning people about the rip currents.

Very fortunate to live with constant noises and wildlife so close by. The hunger games could have shot their movie in my backyard. I hit more owls with my car than I do deer.

Back