• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

82ec5a16181391559533531f2c5f4433.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still salty about Auburn baseball. GT had them down 5-2 in the bottom of the 9th and lost. We had an amazing season and I still hate to think that it ended pretty much like that.

Auburn has been worse to Carolina this year than dook. The Heels have a history of collapsing in the post season in baseball. I don't know why they had a closing pitcher starting today.

What a crazy game tonight with Toronto and Golden State. Durant returns and gets hurt again. Warriors leading the whole game, then Leonard goes off in the 4th, and then the Warriors come back down 6 in the last 2 minutes to win. I think the Warriors win game 6 at home, and then anything could happen in game 7.

I feel terrible for Durant. He probably felt peer pressured from all the fans over the years for calling him a coward since he went to Golden State. He wanted to make a statement, and instead has a potential major injury. If its a torn achillies he wont play next year. Sad situation!

Got a WeatherFlow station late last month. Loving it.
ba4aa60b2a245bfee51e641be9952bb9.jpg

Love the lightning detection feature. Daily Record is 429 strikes
cbd5a91e0ad9c2cccac0b72ae97b7f7a.jpg

I've been thinking about one of these stations for a while, read some negative stuff on the HAPTIC rain sensor giving a lot of false readings BUT that's the only complaint I've read about. How is yours doing? I have a Davis vantage Vue that's been great now for about 8 years or so. But my tipping bucket has been messing up lately, had over 4 inches Saturday night and my station only showed 0.68. So I'm more inclined to try a WeatherFlow! soon!

I've been thinking about one of these stations for a while, read some negative stuff on the HAPTIC rain sensor giving a lot of false readings BUT that's the only complaint I've read about. How is yours doing? I have a Davis vantage Vue that's been great now for about 8 years or so. But my tipping bucket has been messing up lately, had over 4 inches Saturday night and my station only showed 0.68. So I'm more inclined to try a WeatherFlow! soon!
You don’t need a weather station to know you always get the most snow!?

Would the WeatherFlow measure the strength of the static air sink anomaly that sets up over me and SD during big rain patterns and as well as the magnitude of the southern Wake Co. mid-level snow decrystalization zone that occurs during all NC snowstorms?

False rain only happens if you didn’t mount it correctly or if there’s bird landings. There’s a large tree close to my property with birds and I haven’t had a landing yet. It only seems to happen to stations mounted in big open fields. Even if it happens, it registers as 0.01-0.08” liquid or so. Still, it’s unwanted, so there’s ways to bird proof it by using wx resistant/UV tape and taping spikes to the outside. I didn’t have to do that though.

The pros to me are:
1) flash firmware updates from your hub to the station
2) solar panel so never have to replace batteries or run cable
3) more wind data from more directions
4) no radiation shield or fan needed because the temperature gauge is a separate unit which communicates to the hub, just place it in shade.
5) rain sensor allows you to relax and not worry about bird crap clogging it or malfunctioning
6) it works with IFTTT and other algorithm type apps to generate custom push notifications for any measured obs (maybe the record low is 8° and you want to know when it hits 7.9° it will send a push notification when it does so)

False rain only happens if you didn’t mount it correctly or if there’s bird landings. There’s a large tree close to my property with birds and I haven’t had a landing yet. It only seems to happen to stations mounted in big open fields. Even if it happens, it registers as 0.01-0.08” liquid or so. Still, it’s unwanted, so there’s ways to bird proof it by using wx resistant/UV tape and taping spikes to the outside. I didn’t have to do that though.

The pros to me are:
1) flash firmware updates from your hub to the station
2) solar panel so never have to replace batteries or run cable
3) more wind data from more directions
4) no radiation shield or fan needed because the temperature gauge is a separate unit which communicates to the hub, just place it in shade.
5) rain sensor allows you to relax and not worry about bird crap clogging it or malfunctioning
6) it works with IFTTT and other algorithm type apps to generate custom push notifications for any measured obs (maybe the record low is 8° and you want to know when it hits 7.9° it will send a push notification when it does so)

You stop talking me into buying one

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Would the WeatherFlow measure the strength of the static air sink anomaly that sets up over me and SD during big rain patterns and as well as the magnitude of the southern Wake Co. mid-level snow decrystalization zone that occurs during all NC snowstorms?
Maybe I'll buy one and we can really test the south wake Hadley cell sink air anomaly Siberian ice coefficient

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back