• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Got a WeatherFlow station late last month. Loving it.
ba4aa60b2a245bfee51e641be9952bb9.jpg

Love the lightning detection feature. Daily Record is 429 strikes
cbd5a91e0ad9c2cccac0b72ae97b7f7a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's awesome, I'm jealous.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190608-194913.png
    Screenshot_20190608-194913.png
    92.4 KB · Views: 9
This is what I get when I press the Filter button.
Man, don't know. Can you take a screenshot of the thread list that shows up if you click on SouthernWX in the upper left?

Coming up in the late 70's and 80's, you could read who would win a wrestling match. The one thing I did like about the "attitude era" of wrestling is that it was presented in such a way that you couldn't tell. Also, in the 80's you were either popular or a "heel". The attitude era really had people that you could like/dislike at any time. When each wrestler came through the concourse, you'd hear a mixed bag of cheers/boos for each wrestler. Thought it made it a little more interesting/exciting. Hulk Hogan's 95 matchup when he went "heel" by telling the fans they could shove it where the sun doesn't shine caught many fans off guard and perplexed. This ushered in the "attitude era" that went as late as the early 2000's. Really thought that was the best time (era) for wrestling.

Coming up in the late 70's and 80's, you could read who would win a wrestling match. The one thing I did like about the "attitude era" of wrestling is that it was presented in such a way that you couldn't tell. Also, in the 80's you were either popular or a "heel". The attitude era really had people that you could like/dislike at any time. When each wrestler came through the concourse, you'd hear a mixed bag of cheers/boos for each wrestler. Thought it made it a little more interesting/exciting. Hulk Hogan's 95 matchup when he went "heel" by telling the fans they could shove it where the sun doesn't shine caught many fans off guard and perplexed. This ushered in the "attitude era" that went as late as the early 2000's. Really thought that was the best time (era) for wrestling.
100% correct. WWF vs. WCW was what made that period so great. It was the competition. Both were good on their own, but they were better because they forced each other to be. The talent was miles better also. I think talent evaluation, procurement, and development was augmented by the competition. Once WWF acquired WCW, that was the beginning of the end. It has gone downhill since to the point of being unwatchable now.

100% correct. WWF vs. WCW was what made that period so great. It was the competition. Both were good on their own, but they were better because they forced each other to be. The talent was miles better also. I think talent evaluation, procurement, and development was augmented by the competition. Once WWF acquired WCW, that was the beginning of the end. It has gone downhill since to the point of being unwatchable now.

A lot of people are making the switch to AEW led by the son of the Jags owner and Cody Rhodes. In fact, Cody and Dustin put on a classic two weeks ago.

Man, don't know. Can you take a screenshot of the thread list that shows up if you click on SouthernWX in the upper left?

This is what I get. I was able to see the other filter menu that way, but changing it like above didnt do anything. Although it seems the June thread is the only one missing, yet it shows up some of the time as the most recent post in the master forum list.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190608-203322.png
    Screenshot_20190608-203322.png
    197.9 KB · Views: 8

Absolutely correct. To me, both organizations having the "established stars" of the time such as Hogan/Sting/Flair/Luger/Randy Savage and so on and bringing in the new talent Goldberg/Orton/The Rock/Stone Cold/etc really made it such an exciting time. Also, the storylines were everchanging. It was scripted the way that I had wished it was during my 80's childhood. Didn't take long for me to feel like the newcomers to the industry were part of it the entire way. Also so much diversity with the ring talent. The acrobatics of Rey Mysterio, derangement of Raven, Booker T, or the old school styles of people like Hogan and Sid Vicious. A lot of talent, diversity, good stage presence, well written dialogue, and high energy matches made for its best era of existence. 94 to 2002 was the apex of it all for me. I don't know if the owners even care about appealing to an audience like myself, they seem to be doing fine financially, but I wish it could go back to that template.

Absolutely correct. To me, both organizations having the "established stars" of the time such as Hogan/Sting/Flair/Luger/Randy Savage and so on and bringing in the new talent Goldberg/Orton/The Rock/Stone Cold/etc really made it such an exciting time. Also, the storylines were everchanging. It was scripted the way that I had wished it was during my 80's childhood. Didn't take long for me to feel like the newcomers to the industry were part of it the entire way. Also so much diversity with the ring talent. The acrobatics of Rey Mysterio, derangement of Raven, Booker T, or the old school styles of people like Hogan and Sid Vicious. A lot of talent, diversity, good stage presence, well written dialogue, and high energy matches made for its best era of existence. 94 to 2002 was the apex of it all for me. I don't know if the owners even care about appealing to an audience like myself, they seem to be doing fine financially, but I wish it could go back to that template.
Yeah man, I totally agree. Great post.

This is what I get. I was able to see the other filter menu that way, but changing it like above didnt do anything. Although it seems the June thread is the only one missing, yet it shows up some of the time as the most recent post in the master forum list.
That's weird. I still think it's likely got something to do with the filter settings, but I don't know how to change it beyond what we've already looked at. Sorry man. I guess @Shawn will need to weigh in.

Something is up with my filter settings also. It just looks strange. I don’t want any filters yet it alway auto defaults to me wanting them

The problem with WWE today is Vince. He still calls the shots. Everything is too scripted and overproduced. The talent doesn't have any control of the creativity, and Vince keeps wanting to do the same things, but without the attitude of the Attitude Era. It's also hard putting on 5 hours of exciting programming a week. And they have the stupid wildcatd rule now, which means more of the same people on Raw and Smackdown each week instead of seeing different wrestlers. That would be fin if you had one three hour show a week, but if they are on both shows it ends up being the same things on both shows. That's why when they didn't have the brand split before I just watched Raw. If you ever watch NXT, it is a different story. More wrestling and more action, and it is one show a week, so it's not so much repetition. It's also ran by HHH, and I think Raw and Smackdow would be better if he ran them. But I still think the product would be better if they had one show instead of two. And I can't wait to see what AEW brings.

Back