• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Sometimes I wonder whether Ohio should be considered midwest. After all, the state of Ohio as a whole is slightly further east than Georgia and Cleveland is further east than Greenville, SC.

Also, this may seem strange but I am in Richmond, IN which is actually further east than my hometown of Carrollton, GA ! I bet many people dont realize that parts of GA are at the same longitude as IN.

Sometimes I wonder whether Ohio should be considered midwest. After all, the state of Ohio as a whole is slightly further east than Georgia and Cleveland is further east than Greenville, SC.

Also, this may seem strange but I am in Richmond, IN which is actually further east than my hometown of Carrollton, GA ! I bet many people dont realize that parts of GA are at the same longitude as IN.

I'm not complaining. It means longer Summer days. :cool:

I’ve never played much cornhole, but being a gifted athlete, I could be down with a tournament! I’ve even seen it on ESPN!

Anything to make wrestling fun again. The WWE just isn't a good product currently and its hard to watch.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Imo it's just RAW, SmackDown, 205Live and NXT are good shows.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

So in less than 2 weeks the fam and I will be embarking on a pretty significant road trip (significant by our standards Lol) to Nashville, St. Louis and Louisville before heading back home. We're not huge on eventful attractions (shows, amusement parks, etc) we actually enjoy the trip, sightseeing, side markets, etc oh and especially the food. So I need y'all's assistance: We only have a couple of days at each location, so if you've been there or know of a place name 1 "have to eat" and 1 "have to go see" destination for any or all of these locations (we've never been to either city)

Thanks!!

So in less than 2 weeks the fam and I will be embarking on a pretty significant road trip (significant by our standards Lol) to Nashville, St. Louis and Louisville before heading back home. We're not huge on eventful attractions (shows, amusement parks, etc) we actually enjoy the trip, sightseeing, side markets, etc oh and especially the food. So I need y'all's assistance: We only have a couple of days at each location, so if you've been there or know of a place name 1 "have to eat" and 1 "have to go see" destination for any or all of these locations (we've never been to either city)

Thanks!!

You are going to see one hell of a swollen Mississippi River. on 6/1 it will be at 43.1. (flood stage at St Louis is 30). Hasn't hit this high since the record set in 1993 of 49.2. Takes forever to recede so in two weeks it'll still be incredible. As a matter of fact, Approaching from the east in Southern Illinois you'll see the tributaries out of banks because of the Mississippi River. It really is an incredible sight. Safe travels.

Thanks!!
It may be a little out of your way but if you have time swing by Cincinnati. It's a pretty cool city. Are you going to see the Arch in St. Louis ?

Last edited:
You are going to see one hell of a swollen Mississippi River. on 6/1 it will be at 43.1. (flood stage at St Louis is 30). Hasn't hit this high since the record set in 1993 of 49.2. Takes forever to recede so in two weeks it'll still be incredible. As a matter of fact, Approaching from the east in Southern Illinois you'll see the tributaries out of banks because of the Mississippi River. It really is an incredible sight. Safe travels.
Thanks! And I didn't even think about all the flooding..... it's sad I know but I'm kind of eager to see that and maybe I can bring some of that water back with me.

It may be a little out of your way but if you have time swing by Cincinnati. It's a pretty cool city. Are you going to see the Arch in St. Louis ?
I'm sure it is but I really don't have a desire to see Cincy plus don't add anymore cities to the list. You're like those realtors on the HGTV shows when the buyer says "our budget is $500k" and then they show them a $600k home, "I know it's out of your budget but you need to see this" Lol

I'm sure it is but I really don't have a desire to see Cincy plus don't add anymore cities to the list. You're like those realtors on the HGTV shows when the buyer says "our budget is $500k" and then they show them a $600k home, "I know it's out of your budget but you need to see this" Lol
Go to Sugarfire Smoke House in St. Louis. Great BBQ !

Thanks!!
Rain

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks!!
Never been to St. Louis, but I have been to Louisville on a business trip. Be careful and do not wander into the bad part of town. The Mississippi crossing is really cool.

i say we start a poll and vote one person off this island. I know who I would vote against

Back