• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Georgia does have a rule in which you have to have drivers ed to be able to get your license to drive alone at 16. We didn't realize that until fairly late and we were going to try to get me in one so I could test to get my license at 16 but I eventually said forget it.

I didn't need the drivers ed though. Dad taught me and it was nerve wracking at first but I got comfortable on the road after a couple weeks. I still remember a couple of situations from the first year I had my learner's permit. Driving long distance on I-20 for the first time and when I stopped, my legs were so frozen I nearly fell when I got out of the car, and later on when we were going home from a final event related to my cousin's bar mitzvah (yes, my family is both Christian/Jewish), I stupidly pulled into the wrong lane as we were leaving. If it was an actual road I'd have been head on into a car. I think my dad might have gone nuts. Then I drove home the entire way in a straight up deluge. Think I almost made another mistake while we were in Atlanta on the same day (came about a foot or so from an accident, and yes dad was totally cool with me driving in Atlanta traffic for practice).

I can't do either 100 or 33 with rain. I like doing physical stuff outside and it sucked even at 7:45 tonight. Yes I can try to alter plans and exercise inside but it's just not my thing.

I guess if there's one that's less bad it's the 30s-40s and dampness. It sucks if it's not snow but discomfort from that isn't quite as bad.

I can't do either 100 or 33 with rain. I like doing physical stuff outside and it sucked even at 7:45 tonight. Yes I can try to alter plans and exercise inside but it's just not my thing.

I guess if there's one that's less bad it's the 30s-40s and dampness. It sucks if it's not snow but discomfort from that isn't quite as bad.

I agree that just about anything is better than 100 degrees in the SE US, including 33 and rain. But 32 and ZR along with the long duration power outages that often result has to be the worst.

They're just different. 100 is a physical discipline, while 33 rain just beats you down psychologically. Either way, the end result is that both absolutely suck.

Georgia does have a rule in which you have to have drivers ed to be able to get your license to drive alone at 16. We didn't realize that until fairly late and we were going to try to get me in one so I could test to get my license at 16 but I eventually said forget it.

I didn't need the drivers ed though. Dad taught me and it was nerve wracking at first but I got comfortable on the road after a couple weeks. I still remember a couple of situations from the first year I had my learner's permit. Driving long distance on I-20 for the first time and when I stopped, my legs were so frozen I nearly fell when I got out of the car, and later on when we were going home from a final event related to my cousin's bar mitzvah (yes, my family is both Christian/Jewish), I stupidly pulled into the wrong lane as we were leaving. If it was an actual road I'd have been head on into a car. I think my dad might have gone nuts. Then I drove home the entire way in a straight up deluge. Think I almost made another mistake while we were in Atlanta on the same day (came about a foot or so from an accident, and yes dad was totally cool with me driving in Atlanta traffic for practice).
It’s easier to get in a wreck in ATL traffic! It and the drivers suck!

It’s easier to get in a wreck in ATL traffic! It and the drivers suck!
Even in the north metro, the drivers are bad. People ride your bumper and speed, and don't use their signals a lot of the time. Not to mention impatient. Of course there are people who go 20 below the speed limit on the side roads, but rush hour is where everyone makes the stupidest decisions. For those who know GA 400, I stay off it a lot of the time since everyone likes to go 80+ on it no matter what, which is why there are so many wrecks. For some reason, everyone thinks that going well over the speed limit is fine. 55mph? nah, let's go 65. It's really stupid.

I really wish i lived in an area where having a car wasnt necessary. I hate how car dependent our society is.
I wish that we weren't so dependent upon our phones. The fact is, it is hard to live without them now, since they have become ingrained into every facet of our existence. Not only can we not live without demanding instantaneous contact with everyone else, but we need instantaneous access to information, social media, apps for merchandising, games, etc. I honestly don't like how dependent we are on them and how integrated they are into everything we do.

I wish that we weren't so dependent upon our phones. The fact is, it is hard to live without them now, since they have become ingrained into every facet of our existence. Not only can we not live without demanding instantaneous contact with everyone else, but we need instantaneous access to information, social media, apps for merchandising, games, etc. I honestly don't like how dependent we are on them and how integrated they are into everything we do.
I bet you typed this on your mobile device, too. JK ;)

I still have zero interest in a FB account or any other social media and don’t see that changing. To me it is actually quite easy to not have them.

Last edited:
I make 100% of my Quality posts from a mobile device!?

So who wants to start the June Swoon thread? You've got big shoes to fill after May

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah i miss the old days where people used to talk to each other instead of being glued to their phones.

Back