• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Thinking about switching to Cricket Wireless. Anybody use them? I know they’re a subsidiary of AT&T, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience. I’m finally going to have to ditch my 2006 LG flip phone. It really sucks. But such is life. Cricket has a Galaxy S9 pretty cheap. And they have decent deals on unlimited plans.

Who do you have now?

Thinking about switching to Cricket Wireless. Anybody use them? I know they’re a subsidiary of AT&T, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience. I’m finally going to have to ditch my 2006 LG flip phone. It really sucks. But such is life. Cricket has a Galaxy S9 pretty cheap. And they have decent deals on unlimited plans.
AT&T gave me a free, new, top of the line Galaxy, just for staying with them; they may do the same or better for you if you switch; or Verizon may match a deal ... I'd surely suggest asking (demanding)

I’m truly sorry to see you’re going to have to ditch your flip phone (I still remember how cool flip phones were when they first came out). Regardless, you’ve held onto it for a long time and that’s something to be proud of! But you’re still using your VCR instead of DVR, correct?

I’m truly sorry to see you’re going to have to ditch your flip phone (I still remember how cool flip phones were when they first came out). Regardless, you’ve held onto it for a long time and that’s something to be proud of! But you’re still using your VCR instead of DVR, correct?
You are correctimundo! I’m actually getting laid off from my job next week. 20 years. Oh well. It’s all good. I have been able to use my work iPhone, which is why I’ve kept my flip phone. I honestly love that thing. I finally do have a dvr now though uverse. But I still do have the vcr hooked up. :) That flip phone was the best ever, though.

AT&T gave me a free, new, top of the line Galaxy, just for staying with them; they may do the same or better for you if you switch; or Verizon may match a deal ... I'd surely suggest asking (demanding)
I talked to AT&T and Verizon several times. They wouldn’t do anything for me. Best T could do was offer me a two fer one deal with the galaxy 10.

I used to have AT&T up until this past February then I switched to Boost Mobile. My niece’s dad got her a phone for Christmas 2017 with Verizon as the provider. When I told her I told her I was upgrading from an iPhone 6 to an 8 and switching phone carriers, she literally told me to go with anyone EXCEPT Verizon. lol Apparently Verizon isn’t very well liked.

You are correctimundo! I’m actually getting laid off from my job next week. 20 years. Oh well. It’s all good. I have been able to use my work iPhone, which is why I’ve kept my flip phone. I honestly love that thing. I finally do have a dvr now though uverse. But I still do have the vcr hooked up. :) That flip phone was the best ever, though.
Sorry to hear about the job! That sucks!
The job market is hot!!!! In Greenville! Seriously, and we get about the same amount is snow as your current location!! A lateral move for winter weather, but 1 hour from the mountains!!

Sorry to hear about the job! That sucks!
The job market is hot!!!! In Greenville! Seriously, and we get about the same amount is snow as your current location!! A lateral move for winter weather, but 1 hour from the mountains!!
Thanks man, good selling points!

Sorry to hear about your layoff. Hopefully you’ll be getting good severance pay to tide you over.

In the meantime, I was wondering if you were considering doing some stock index trading to supplement your income using the Tr$x counter-indicator. Isn’t that supposedly the most reliable stock index counter-indicator of alltime?

Sorry to hear about your layoff. Hopefully you’ll be getting good severance pay to tide you over.

In the meantime, I was wondering if you were considering doing some stock index trading to supplement your income using the Tr$x counter-indicator. Isn’t that supposedly the most reliable stock index counter-indicator of alltime?
Thanks man. Yeah, I think the Tri$x anti-correlator method trading idea has merit!

Im leaving verizon as soon as I pay off my phone. Constantly drop calls and prices continue to creep up

Looking at spectrum wireless but really anything else sounds good

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Spectrum uses Verizon towers. I switched from AT&T a couple of months ago and it’s been working just as good for about half the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few of you mentioned older electronics. I have a MCS stereo receiver, rated at 35w/channel. It honestly blows the ears off of any Sony and other new receivers rated at 300 watts and over.

Back in my childhood when Sears, JC Penney, among others use to have product wars. The internal controls of those retailers were amazing. They knew their products had to be superior to compete for the same customer base, hence a great product and an affordable price. Radio still works great today after nearly 40 years.

I don't blame any of you who still use VCR or older stuff. Yes, my data card gives me access to a large library of music, but I haven't discarded my vinyl and turntable, and amp & mixer. Some things you just can't let go of because manufacturers will never make it that good again.

At least a Bermuda High gives you a chance at some afternoon thunderstorms. When that High is parked over the southeast, well, NW winds aint no fun when it heats you up and dries your out. You just hope that the cap breaks and you are lucky to get that 1 isolated storm in your state.

Back