• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

My only real issue with year round DST is something @CyclonicFury brought up the other day and that's this: If we kept DST, starting in the End of Nov. sunrise would occur at 8:00 am all the way to Feb with it getting as late as 8:23 am (mby specific) and I just don't think I'd like the sun coming up that late.
This is also location and individual dependent. I'm on the eastern edge of my time zone, which means the sun would be up sooner in the winter than for someone in say, Dallas. Also, individually, I'd prefer that extra sunlight be at the end of the day when I'm at home and not at work or on my way to work.

That's exactly why the year round DST of 1974-5 was ended. Aren't we supposed to learn from past mistakes? Senator Rubio is one who wants it, but he was only 3-4 in 1974-5, i.e., too young to remember the negative impact and too young to even be going on a school bus.
On the flip side, if we didn't have DST the sun would rise as early as 4:53 am with a period of 5:00 am sunrise times for a few weeks in June.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This is also location and individual dependent. I'm on the eastern edge of my time zone, which means the sun would be up sooner in the winter than for someone in say, Dallas. Also, individually, I'd prefer that extra sunlight be at the end of the day when I'm at home and not at work or on my way to work.
Correct which is why I stated mby specific.... Having an almost hour commute to and from work everyday I certainly enjoy the extra daylight at the end of the day no doubt. So with all other bits of evidence considered I have mixed feelings but it's something having dealt with all my life, I have adapted to lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If the model intitialization times could somehow be changed to 5Z/11Z/17Z/23Z along with the permanent DST, I'd be ok with this.

I think Trump's suddenly now being a fan of year round DST is related to his love for the GFS, which also was the main reason for his allowing the govt shutdown. Yes, the GFS would be later, but the 0Z Euro would be way too late for most everyone to see be released live.

Last edited:
Trump wants year round DST, i.e., wx model release times never going back the one hour meaning Euro/EPS always at 3 AM ET/4 AM ET.
I hope this fails. It already failed in the 1970s due to school kids having to wait for the bus in the dark fall/winter. Aren't we supposed to learn from mistakes/history?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.daea4a1e327a
I wish we would not have DST at all. "I want my models to roll in earlier in the day" is just part of why but also it would mean the sun doesn't set at around 9 PM in the summer. I just personally think its existence should end and we stay on EST vs EDT most of the year.

I should qualify my statement by saying I've not experience flooding... like you I'm not in a flood zone, in fact, if flood waters ever reach my doors it's time to load the ark. With that said I've had my share of issues from constant saturation, rotten foundation, rotten soil, rotten septic system, etc etc etc... Lol. I'm just ready to dry out so I can hopefully remedy these issues

If flooding ever reaches my parents house, on top of a hill, that means the apocalypse is near.

That's exactly why the year round DST of 1974-5 was ended. Aren't we supposed to learn from past mistakes? Senator Rubio is one who wants it, but he was only 3-4 in 1974-5, i.e., too young to remember the negative impact and too young to even be going on a school bus.

Like everything else in life kids can learn to adjust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imagine Year-round DST. I could sit in the deer woods in late January early Feb til dang near 7 o'clock. Bring it on!!!

Ill
I started a thread for 2019/2020 early call maps. I’m getting this failboat campaign launched early so we have time to prepare for the all snow we aren’t going to get
So much for the 4 days in a row of 70s and sunny, all our local mets were blabbing about!currently, moderate rain! ????

Back