• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

It appears that ONCE AGAIN, the pattern we'v been waiting on for 3 months if coming too little too late. Is this just bad luck or is mother nature doing this deliberately to torment us?

Better late than never! Cold is never too late from my perspective.

I get the feeling this is what its like all Spring and Summer before hurricane season really gets going

With a potential strong El Niño then oncoming, the hurricane season could very well be dead, itself. The US could really use a break and may very well get one. If so, we’ll next see many of the folks next fall in anticipation of another great winter!

With a potential strong El Niño then oncoming, the hurricane season could very well be dead, itself. The US could really use a break and may very well get one. If so, we’ll next see many of the folks next fall in anticipation of another great winter!
I agree with you, and I believe we may see a few this year, maybe not many direct hits for the US, but it only takes 1 good one to get the job done. I hope this year is slow and we get our break, I love tracking storms but after Michael last year I think the pandhandle could use a break

Will be a warm winter again for 19/20. Until I see it happen again, I'm too traumatized to say that a strong Nino is going to bring the goods, and I think most of us will be the same.

Well, it might not seem warm though, because of the seemingly endless CAD days that keep it at 45-50 and 38-45 as a low.

On another topic, I've thought about it late, and would fast strengthening pop up thunderstorms lead to a lot of lightning and thunder? If so, then that explains why those storms can be so loud.

Trump wants year round DST, i.e., wx model release times never going back the one hour meaning Euro/EPS always at 3 AM ET/4 AM ET.
I hope this fails. It already failed in the 1970s due to school kids having to wait for the bus in the dark fall/winter. Aren't we supposed to learn from mistakes/history?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.daea4a1e327a

My schools were early but back in my day which was not long ago I had to wait outside in the dark at times anyway. (unlike those kids however, my dad would come out and stand around with me, it pays for someone to be retired, yeah he could have taken me but he stopped once I moved from attending school a 2 minute drive away to out kind of it in the country)

I don't care either way, I would rather a time be stagnant. I'm not staying up for the Euro regardless and if I find it important to I'll look at it later.

My only real issue with year round DST is something @CyclonicFury brought up the other day and that's this: If we kept DST, starting in the End of Nov. sunrise would occur at 8:00 am all the way to Feb with it getting as late as 8:23 am (mby specific) and I just don't think I'd like the sun coming up that late.

My only real issue with year round DST is something @CyclonicFury brought up the other day and that's this: If we kept DST, starting in the End of Nov. sunrise would occur at 8:00 am all the way to Feb with it getting as late as 8:23 am (mby specific) and I just don't think I'd like the sun coming up that late.

That's exactly why the year round DST of 1974-5 was ended. Aren't we supposed to learn from past mistakes? Senator Rubio is one who wants it, but he was only 3-4 in 1974-5, i.e., too young to remember the negative impact and too young to even be going on a school bus.

Back