• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Unless u care about severe weather... why would u be up that late worrying with euro model this time year ... lol

Yes, it is most interesting in winter on average since the volatility is highest then. However, no matter the time of year, it is nice to be able to see the best model coming in live if I want to for whatever wx reason without having to stay up real late or set an alarm to wake up for it. With sports, it is more enjoyable to see them live than on DVR. That's how I look at models, especially the Euro. The excitement is increased knowing you're seeing brand new wx progs as fast as anyone in the world. Breaking wx news.

Last edited:
Well all I got to say now since I think any chance of winter wx is over (precip) was that It was nice discussing any upcoming pattern with y’all this past winter, I remember the SER just crawling back on every run of the gefs in feb, and all the missed opportunities, that pattern we had in January had so much potential, for example that coastal, just hope we don’t repeat that next year, I can conclude this winter was complete dogsh¡t, at this point I’m ready to get this cold out of the way and enjoy warmer weather so I can finally consistently exercise outside without a burning chest, lol

I’m bored so I just watched a few tornado vids but there’s literally no videos of the Phil Campbell-hackleburg tornado? Just 2 or reposted vids, I thought I saw more a few years ago, scary tornado tho as the meso scraped the ground and tornado was extremely fast
I tried to find Nov 31 ‘16 Simpsonville tornado, that went through my backyard. Was EF-1 110mph. No videos that I could find? Some damage footage from cars driving around the next day, but I have a few Picts and videos of immediately afterwards

Well all I got to say now since I think any chance of winter wx is over (precip) was that It was nice discussing any upcoming pattern with y’all this past winter, I remember the SER just crawling back on every run of the gefs in feb, and all the missed opportunities, that pattern we had in January had so much potential, for example that coastal, just hope we don’t repeat that next year, I can conclude this winter was complete dogsh¡t, at this point I’m ready to get this cold out of the way and enjoy warmer weather so I can finally consistently exercise outside without a burning chest, lol

My favorite exercise for outside is brisk walking (3.5 mph), which I enjoy doing with temps in the 40's to mid 70s (especially 40s to 60s) with dewpoints of 40s or lower and a decent breeze more than in any other kind of wx. Once past March, the % of days like that normally goes down drastically and I tend to start walking more and more on a treadmill in AC. Therefore, I hope we have a cool April like last year as I prefer to walk outside.

My favorite exercise for outside is brisk walking (3.5 mph), which I enjoy doing with temps in the 40's to mid 70s (especially 40s to 60s) with dewpoints of 40s or lower and a decent breeze more than in any other kind of wx. Once past March, the % of days like that normally goes down drastically and I tend to start walking more and more on a treadmill in AC. Therefore, I hope we have a cool April like last year as I prefer to walk outside.
5:00 AM, Larry (even works down here ... o_O)
Plus, the birds start to wake ... nice sounds ... :cool:

~~~~~~~
Sometimes when the night is dyin', I take me out and wander 'round ...wander 'round ...

5:00 AM, Larry (even works down here ... o_O)
Plus, the birds start to wake ... nice sounds ... :cool:

~~~~~~~
Sometimes when the night is dyin', I take me out and wander 'round ...wander 'round ...

Yeah, I know you love it then. That’s way too early for me. Also, whereas temps will almost always then be cool enough, dew-points usually won’t be and breeze is usually lighter.

Yeah, I know you love it then. That’s way too early for me. Also, whereas temps will almost always then be cool enough, dew-points usually won’t be and breeze is usually lighter.
Makes for a nice shower after the walk ... high DP's that is ... (gotta find a bright spot wherever one can ... God's only giving us each one long walk around the block) ... ;)

Last edited:
The clock was right on my laptop this morning then suddenly went back to standard time with no way to fix it because DST is checked (when I unchecked it, it went even further back). Aggravating.

Don't think central time is set either.

Edit: Might have fixed it by simply doing so manually (although I did switch the automatic way back on after that). Still so aggravating.

Last edited:
The 2019 men's basketball national championship will be:
Hint: CAD
Expecting early exit by Duke. Tarheels make it to sweet 16! What bracket is the Wolfpack in??

Expecting early exit by Duke. Tarheels make it to sweet 16! What bracket is the Wolfpack in??
Nit. And how can u complain that a tornado went through your back yard and there is no video?! It was your one chance to become a YouTube star and you blew it!!

Now I might want to actually think about chasing (although I'll have to partner with someone online as I know nobody I'd find IRL would agree) but if there's a tornado IMBY I'm probably finding shelter instead of trying to find a way to get it on camera, especially with all the woods surrounding me.

Any higher than a low end EF1 and if this house takes at the minimum, close to a direct strike, there's likely going to be at least two trees down on the house.

(Edit, although I will admit, if the storm is going to miss me by 200+ yards I might go out and take pics but I live in the woods so it might not be great pics)

Now I might want to actually think about chasing (although I'll have to partner with someone online as I know nobody I'd find IRL would agree) but if there's a tornado IMBY I'm probably finding shelter instead of trying to find a way to get it on camera, especially with all the woods surrounding me.

Any higher than a low end EF1 and if this house takes at the minimum, close to a direct strike, there's likely going to be at least two trees down on the house.

(Edit, although I will admit, if the storm is going to miss me by 200+ yards I might go out and take pics but I live in the woods so it might not be great pics)
200 miles from a spinner is too close ... IMHO ... :eek:

Nit. And how can u complain that a tornado went through your back yard and there is no video?! It was your one chance to become a YouTube star and you blew it!!
Don’t worry. I have a video of me my dad and my brother driving into the outer edge of that nader and we had no idea where it was or how big it was. I felt pretty damn helpless

Well, I heard the “ freight train “ sound, it was coming towards the backyard of the house. I got my son in the bathtub, I did look out the patio doors, and saw and heard trees snapping, and I had 2 80’ + pine trees back there! I wasn’t sure which way those would fall, they were my only real concern. In the end , I was on the S/E side of the tornado, so it took all the trees in the opposite direction of the house! I do wish I had the cajones to have filmed out the back door, but it really was a life and death, split second decision

I’m bored so I just watched a few tornado vids but there’s literally no videos of the Phil Campbell-hackleburg tornado? Just 2 or reposted vids, I thought I saw more a few years ago, scary tornado tho as the meso scraped the ground and tornado was extremely fast

If you are bored look through this link and use the map option at the top. Its the Hackleburg tornado track from start until passed Tanner, but dont start until you know you have time cause it will suck you in.

https://www.sellersphoto.com/p370159506

For instance this was the two story brick house that was razed in Oak Grove.

http://tornado.sellersphoto.com/_MG_9922.jpg

Last edited:
It appears that ONCE AGAIN, the pattern we'v been waiting on for 3 months if coming too little too late. Is this just bad luck or is mother nature doing this deliberately to torment us?

Back