• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

This map is only available during the months of march and april
36bcb668ee4bda344f04d58ada3f9725.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'd love for this to verify. But we have had a lot of these day 8+ maps this winter that turned out to be fake due to cold bias of EPS/GEFS. If the adjustment for avg cold bias were taken out, this would translate to near normal deep SE to only modestly below norm further NW with
the cold concentrated Mem west.

I'd love for this to verify. But we have had a lot of these day 8+ maps this winter that turned out to be fake due to cold bias of EPS/GEFS. If the adjustment for avg cold bias were taken out, this would translate to near normal deep SE to only modestly below norm further NW with
the cold concentrated Mem west.
I just don't understand why anyone would root for cold in Mid to Late March. I can understand rooting for cold in the winter for snow chances or in the summer so it wont be so hot, but what benefit do you get from cold in Mid to Late March ?

I just don't understand why anyone would root for cold in Mid to Late March. I can understand rooting for cold in the winter for snow chances or in the summer so it wont be so hot, but what benefit do you get from cold in Mid to Late March ?

For the zillionth time, I like colder than normal all times of year. Snow chances here are almost always near zero. Snow is irrelevant.

I love 10 day severe threads!
Are models better with severe , than they are at snow??
Both threads I’ve started over a week in advance of each corresponding threat were both subsequently highlighted by the SPC. It’s easier to get strong-severe thunderstorms in the spring than snow in the winter around here

This map is only available during the months of march and april
36bcb668ee4bda344f04d58ada3f9725.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yet the snow is still in the same place...south Texas and Mexico. :(

Oh, the days of buying A&F and Hollister for the kids! On birthdays or Christmas we would pick up a few things. And we’d go online and buy on clearance. The clothes did seem to last, but definitely not something they would get on the regular. Single motherhood didn’t allow for that.

Nowadays the most expensive items in my closet are my running shoes and nursing shoes. There is something to be said for nursing - definitely cheaper and easier to throw on scrubs and go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My son is autistic and doesn’t have a concept of style or what’s in fashion or what not. My sister runs a tee shirt business and makes him shirts with his favorite things on them. He loves those better than anything. We’ve been lucky not to have to buy really expensive things for him to be rough in and tear up. I am fortunate that I work for a tech company, where we can wear jeans, shorts, tees, whatever. Certainly allows for inexpensive wardrobe maintenance!

Not sure what kind of nursing you do, but you guys are awesome. We have spent so much time in the hospital and various doctors’ offices over the course of his life and have interacted with so many doctors and nurses. Almost everyone has been a blessing to work with.

My son is autistic and doesn’t have a concept of style or what’s in fashion or what not. My sister runs a tee shirt business and makes him shirts with his favorite things on them. He loves those better than anything. I am fortunate that I work for a tech company, where we can wear jeans, shorts, tees, whatever. Certainly allows for inexpensive wardrobe maintenance!

My entire work outfit is covered by the utility, except my socks.

I agree, I want cold December- February but come March - November I want warm to hot and dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My son is autistic and doesn’t have a concept of style or what’s in fashion or what not. My sister runs a tee shirt business and makes him shirts with his favorite things on them. He loves those better than anything. We’ve been lucky not to have to buy really expensive things for him to be rough in and tear up. I am fortunate that I work for a tech company, where we can wear jeans, shorts, tees, whatever. Certainly allows for inexpensive wardrobe maintenance!

Not sure what kind of nursing you do, but you guys are awesome. We have spent so much time in the hospital and various doctors’ offices over the course of his life and have interacted with so many doctors and nurses. Almost everyone has been a blessing to work with.
My son is now in men’s size xlt and 2xlt, and about 33 waist, and just turned 12! It’s awesome to not have to shop in baby gap and Oshkosh, and such! Him and I can now shop at the same stores!!
Me being of larger stature, those fancy/pretty boy stores, Hollister and such, didn’t carry clothes for people like myself! I love nice clothes, but as fancy as I get is Polo . Thank god for Belk and Dillard’s big and tall and for Polo , representing the big man! Shout out to Columbia and Nike, also catering to a big man!!!??

My son is now in men’s size xlt and 2xlt, and about 33 waist, and just turned 12! It’s awesome to not have to shop in baby gap and Oshkosh, and such! Him and I can now shop at the same stores!!
Me being of larger stature, those fancy/pretty boy stores, Hollister and such, didn’t carry clothes for people like myself! I love nice clothes, but as fancy as I get is Polo . Thank god for Belk and Dillard’s big and tall and for Polo , representing the big man! Shout out to Columbia and Nike, also catering to a big man!!!??
You son is going to be as big as you, no doubt! What are you, like 6’14”? I’m 6’3” and you were taller than me for sure. Dillard’s has a really nice B&T section.

You son is going to be as big as you, no doubt! What are you, like 6’14”? I’m 6’3” and you were taller than me for sure. Dillard’s has a really nice B&T section.
Lol! I’m 6’7”, my son has been in 99.9% on the growth chart since birth! He’s 5’11” now, they use to tell us he may just start slowing way down on his growth, lol, then last year his pediatrician said there’s a good chance he will be 6’8” +! Yes, I love Dillard’s b and t

He’s going to UNC, if I have a say in it!!
The funny thing is , tallness doesn’t run in the family. My dad was 6’1” and my mom 5’2”, on a good day!! Got 3 sisters, tallest is 5’8”, lol

Less bugs, less humidity that last 5 months here and longer further south. And less mowing the lawn when we get late season freezes. Also it’s very cool to see snow in the southeast in late March and even mid April as happened here last year. It was the first time in twelve years of living here that I actually got a dusting of snow in April. It’s much easier to not want cold by March when you live up north and see as much cold and snow In one season as most on this board see in 3-5 and possibly more years. I know some people that live in the south don’t like cold after February but I’m in the same camp as GaWx in that I really enjoy colder weather.

Lol! I’m 6’7”, my son has been in 99.9% on the growth chart since birth! He’s 5’11” now, they use to tell us he may just start slowing way down on his growth, lol, then last year his pediatrician said there’s a good chance he will be 6’8” +! Yes, I love Dillard’s b and t

Damn and people say I'm tall lmao

Back