• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Cold is cold. Once it gets below 35 it all feels the same to me.
I think a lot of this is all relative to where one lives. When I first moved from San Diego to Tennessee highs in the 40s were so freakin cold to me. Now in the middle of winter 40s is nothing to me as I’ve gotten use to the temps over the years. I do think 30s is cold but that you really start feeling a difference at 28 degrees and lower.

I've always wondered how the people in Canada and other really cold areas do it. Weeks of temperatures in the -20 to -40 range in some areas. How do they keep car engines from seizing up and pipes from freezing in the house?
Insulation, engine heaters, anti-freeze, just to name a few...Keep all of your pipes toward the center of the house maybe?

Sounds like you've been the victim of a hate crime...maybe you should report it.

I’ve been bitten by that type of spider on your pfp before, but it was my own fault, back when I was 14 I stupidly touched a part of its web and didn’t know that type of spider could hit the dash towards my finger that fast, it could probably do a 40 yard dash In 1 second lol, there bites is suprisingly painful for a harmless type of spider

I've always wondered how the people in Canada and other really cold areas do it. Weeks of temperatures in the -20 to -40 range in some areas. How do they keep car engines from seizing up and pipes from freezing in the house?
They have engine heaters and garages, where they can plug em in! Not sure about pipes, underground maybe!?

Warm bubble alive and well, even without snow! Just cursed, I guess!EFFC8BF3-CA8F-4147-BABD-AEC2FA5AF9CB.png

They have engine heaters and garages, where they can plug em in! Not sure about pipes, underground maybe!?
I believe I read that in some places in Minnesota, the frost line is 42 inches deep. So underground water lines would need to be deeper than that. I could not imagine living in that type of climate. If your car broke down on the way to work it would put you in a life threatening situation.

I did some work for a plumber from the Midwest and he said water lines were 3 feet deep and were ran into the basement or central most point of a home. No water meters along property right of way. They tap the main line and keep it deep. No water pipes are run on exterior walls

Back