• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Kinda ot but I used to have a jacked all to heck sleep schedule and it wasn't even due to this hobby really. It was mainly because of me being young and dumb. Would sleep from 2 AM to 10 AM and sometimes stay up until 3 if I wasn't doing anything the next day. I honestly regret it, I'd love to have a more normal schedule. The one I have now is closer (1 to 9 unless I'm doing stuff) but I'd like to get even closer.

I suppose when I finally get a job that'll happen tho. ;)

ha I work full time afternoon/evenings so for me mornings are not my thing even now lol

never have been either

One more thought, I actually like driving and listening to my music. I used to drive for extra periods after a class just for fun (and sometimes leave a little early and do it, but that's beside the point). I can't imagine doing what some chasers do in driving 8 hours seemingly one way, just to drive some more to chase tornadoes. While I like driving and am very comfortable doing it, I've never been able to fix me gripping the wheel tightly. I've tried but haven't ever been able to.

I can easily do a 2+ hour drive no problem without taking a break and my range driving wise is probably about 5 hours with breaks.

Off topic- So Luke Perry died yesterday, and then King Kong Bundy? Always seems to come in pairs much like Mean Gene and Super Dave both passing on the same day earlier this year

Off topic- So Luke Perry died yesterday, and then King Kong Bundy? Always seems to come in pairs much like Mean Gene and Super Dave both passing on the same day earlier this year

Actually in threes for famous folks. The lead singer of the band Prodigy died yesterday, too.

Lots of folks got the shaft this winter. Not sure why we are spotlighting a certain place in a storm thread. Folks like SD and Rain Cold got shafted with the December storm, too. Raleigh averages 6 inches of snow for winter. Columbia only averages 1.

That’s right the day Super Dave and Mean Gene died Captain from Captain and Tenile died.

Lots of folks got the shaft this winter. Not sure why we are spotlighting a certain place in a storm thread. Folks like SD and Rain Cold got shafted with the December storm, too. Raleigh averages 6 inches of snow for winter. Columbia only averages 1.
You’re trying too hard man. Just let it come to you.

Someone suggested to add it, and I thought it was funny. This place is literally Hell.

When all is said and done, I don't count 2014 as a snow storm.. It was sleet and zr for the most part. It has been almost a decade since it's been a true snow around here proper. Parts of the Midlands saw a freak ULL event in Nov. of 2014, but not KCAE.

You’re trying too hard man. Just let it come to you.

Not trying at all. Just think it is silly to make a big deal in a thread title for a place that averages an inch of snow a year. You and SD got shafted worse than this.

The new title is even worse. I got 10 inches with the December storm. I'm good.

Not trying at all. Just think it is silly to make a big deal in a thread title for a place that averages an inch of snow a year. You and SD got shafted worse than this.

And ? yearly averages don’t mean sh**. A shaft is a shaft . CAE has been shafted for the last few years . Since you’re so upset about it , next winter I’m gonna start a winter long thread starting December 1st - March 1st specifically for your backyard . You can hang out in there and read the title all winter long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And ? yearly averages don’t mean sh**. A shaft is a shaft . CAE has been shafted for the last few years . Since you’re so upset about it , next winter I’m gonna start a winter long thread starting December 1st - March 1st specifically for your backyard . You can hang out in there and read the title all winter long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you don't hardly get any snow to begin with, how can you be shafted? You have to have something in the first place to get the shaft.

Well, I guess you can continuously get close to getting something and never get it. But if you don't hardly get anything to begin with, shouldn't you be used to not actually getting it?

giphy.gif

Well, I guess you can continuously get close to getting something and never get it. But if you don't hardly get anything to begin with, shouldn't you be used to not actually getting it?

giphy.gif

You're basically telling us all that KCAE deserves a rare event even more. It has been a while since @deltadog03 @GaWx and myself have seen something so far South. NC gets at least one event a year for the most part and multiple chances. We contribute a decent amount to the site, even without snow in our yards.. can't we deserve to beat the "averages" for a change?

Besides, Jacksonville, NC averages 1 inch of snow a year also with a quick Google search. Does that mean they should not have just gotten 2-3" from last night/this mornings event?

You're basically telling us all that KCAE deserves a rare event even more. It has been a while since @deltadog03 @GaWx and myself have seen something so far South. NC gets at least one event a year for the most part and multiple chances. We contribute a decent amount to the site, even without snow in our yards.. can't we deserve to beat the "averages" for a change?

Besides, Jacksonville, NC averages 1 inch of snow a year also with a quick Google search. Does that mean they should not have just gotten 2-3" from last night/this mornings event?

No, it's okay to want snow. That's cool, I get it. I guess I just have a different meaning when it comes to "getting shafted." I think you have to have a legit chance at something happening to get shafted. You have to miss out on an opportunity that is not unusual. If you miss out on something that doesn't usually happen anyway, to me that's just the norm.

For example, everyone in the SE gets storms. Now, if you like severe weather and a big storm misses you and you don't even get a storm at all when you're under a watch or warning, that to me would be getting shafted.

I guess it's just perceived differences in semantics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back